Originally Posted By: Drakiis
they are not constitutionalists, not by a long shot. That is what they are banking on or trying to closely associate themselves with but realistically there is NOTHING in their political rhetoric that rings of liberty or the pursuit of happiness for all men and women of a fair and equal measure. The Tea Party is a abomination and a stain on social and political progress. They make many claims that are both contradictory and unsupported by fact. They are liberal crusaders trying to disguise themselves by wrapping themselves in the American Constitutional principles. Many are political chaos theorists trying to perform social experimentation on a weakened and troubled American people. A true Constitutionalist is defined as a philosophy or ideology that the authority of the government is derived from the people, subject to written laws which formed the foundation of our country. The Tea Party is a group of self serving politicians no different then those they seek to over throw, with agendas that are just as radical or restrictive as any Republican or Democrat. They want you to believe that is what they are all about they are not, take the word of a born and raised true constitutionalist.

How can you make these claims with no substantiation, right on the heels of Derid’s comments that:
Originally Posted By: Derid

Theres a lot of Tea Parties - its largely a local phenominae, that happens to be occuring in a lot of localities.

Some are the religious types, a lot are more Constitutionalists.

The one thing all of them seem to agree on, is govt is way way to big and spending way to much. After that, there are some pretty big digressions of path.

Though the Dems and liberal arms of the media are doing every thing they can to paint the whole movement in religious colors. Because they know in the long run, that brand of fanaticism will turn off mainstream folk.

Unfortunately it is having some effect, especially as Palin encourages that angle.

I do not mind that many tea partiers may be religious, but if the fanaticism aspect wins out over the secular rational aspect,we might be in trouble. The Tea Party started as a very secular movement motivated by fear of GOP corruption, big govt, and Obama style marxism.

But at least the movement is helping put the scare in, and help clean out some of the Bush era rot. I am worried it will peak at mid terms though, and religious radicalization will dull its edge by the time the next Prez elections come around.

What I was hoping for, was a peak during the Prez cycle so it would be feasible to actually get the health care crap reversed.

Either I'm not nearly as smart as I think I am or some one has been drinking the conspiracy theory Koolaid...

edit:
You keep saying that true constitutionalists recognize that the government's authority is derived soley from the people being governed (I agree), but then when the people take a stand (tea partiers) you deride that as a contrivance of career politicians. I've been part of this movement from the start and I can tell you that in our local group there is not one single politician. Every one of us are local business owners, white and blue collar workers, and concerned parents. Some of those people have chosen to give up their careers to help fix things, but no one in our group is a career politician. In fact, when career politicians have approached the group seeking support they were summarily tossed out on their ass.

Where are you finding "tea party rhetoric"?

Last edited by Kaotic; 09/22/10 06:39 AM. Reason: $.02 more to add

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]