I've struggled with this issue for several weeks now and I've decided that I don't care where this cat builds his "community center." Jet is exactly right. We cannot practice our religions, forbid others the same freedom, and still claim to be a free nation. I do however, think that building a Muslim shrine of any kind at, or near, ground zero is incredibly insensitive and I personally think that it is designed to stir up the kind of animosity that it has. They have put us in a no win situation and that was, I believe, their goal. If we forbid it we are hypocrites, and if we allow it without any protest, then we've proven we'll roll over and take whatever the extremists want to throw at us.

What I would like to know is where every single dime of his funding comes from. Last accounts I heard his organization had a few thousand dollars for a project that will cost tens of millions. As long as this guy can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that not one red cent comes from an extremist group them I don't care what he does.

I do take issue with the fact that I'm paying for him to fly around the world to raise his funds. Why can't I take trips with my own tax payer dollars??? For that matter, why do I have to pay every time an elected official (or their wives) want to take a vacation? Don't they work for me? That is tantamount to me telling my employer, "Hey, I'm going to France for a week. I'll just use my company card and you guys can pay for it when I'm done." Who here thinks they would still have a job after that?

On a related note. I think in order to be all inclusive we should help out the poor suffering homosexual Muslims (cause you're born that way right? So, some of them must be). I say we build a gay bar across the street with a Muslim theme to make them feel welcome. We can call it "You Mecca Me Horny." Discuss laugh

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]