Originally Posted By: Kaotic
I disagree that morals are for the rich. I've done some shitty things that I'm not proud of, but I do try to live by a moral code and I always do my best to act with the highest ethical standards in both my personal and professional life. Sometimes it seems like others get ahead of me because I'm not willing to do certain things, but I can look myself in the mirror everyday and never feel guilty about the things I have done. No stand I've taken has done me irreparable damage. That's not to say that some haven't been painful, but in the end I'm much happier that I took those stands rather than roll over and then have to live with myself afterward.

As for true freedom. We are the closest thing that has ever existed on this earth to true freedom, and we have been slowly losing it over the past 100 years. More quickly in the last decade or 2. As soon as the government and the self appointed elite start deciding that they know best and us little people should sit down, shut up, and do as we're told, then freedom begins to dissolve. For us that happened right around the turn of the century and really ramped up at the end of the 20s. I don't know how we get it back, but I know that regular debate like this, and educating ourselves is a good start. I also know that it won't hurt in November when I vote for the guy that doesn't have incumbent next to his name, and if I have the option to vote for some one that doesn't have an "R" or a "D" I'm going to do that as well.

I agree that the incumbents should be out. As for the R or D I have the same feelings, neither has done anything to earn a spot in the seat. In fact FUCK both of them. They are more the problem than the solution!