Originally Posted By: Banshee
Vuldan you sissy pants, don't play nice now come on out and say it the way you feel it.

I don't understand why you can burn a bible and any other religious book in the world but not the mighty Quran... they are all just books.

Have we (Nation) sunk so low, or are we so weak that just the mention of something that might happen scares us to death.

You would hope we could all respect each other’s Holy books; after all it does not really cost us anything..... but damn I hate to be threatened.

I just do not understand why everything about Muslims has to be on their terms or else and what does that say about us that we cave so easily.

10 yrs Army.... America and my belief in our way of life is my religion.

LOL. I was saying exactly what I think about this particular arguement. There are a lot of right facts in this arguement and wrong ones, and I was simply trying to balance some perspectives. None of the arguement was about whether I thought we should do this or that, but what was legally, constitutionally and ethically right.

At the basic core, my statement was clarification. I have absolutely no love for any religion, period. Notice I say "religion". That is my choice, and my freedom. Islam and the muslim faith is still so far behind the rest of the world in terms of simple belief structures and basic human rights within the religion that it is almost barbaric in some cases. Christianity can rarely claim a higher calling either. According to David Barrett et al, editors of the "World Christian Encyclopedia: A comparative survey of churches and religions - AD 30 to 2200," there are 19 major world religions which are subdivided into a total of 270 large religious groups, and many smaller ones. 34,000 separate Christian groups have been identified in the world. And the funniest part if all that is each one thinks THEY are right. Give me a freakin break.

No Banshee, it was not sissy pants you raving southern psychopath, it was about rights and the Constitution. We do not have to like a thing, we do not have to agree with a thing, we do not even have to accept a thing, for it to be something I will defend as a right of someone to do under the Constitution. That was all I was saying. The hawk part of my mind has a completely different response to it all. At the basic level, neither the Mosque in New York City nor the minister in Florida would fair well.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]