Originally Posted By: Derid
Actually it is rather implied, Jefferson himself wrote extensively on the subject when he was president.

Interesting discussions you are having. Sorry Derid, but this one you are half wrong about. The phrase "wall of separation between the church and the state" was originally coined by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to the Danbury Baptists on January 1, 1802. He was attempting to calm the fears of Baptists in Danbury Connecticut and was lettign them know that they were going to be protected from interferrence from the state, but that they would still have some say in how the state ran. Basically the state can not tell the church how to run, but the church could still have some control on the state. You can find more information on it through the US Constitution site. It is a common misunderstanding. Jefferson was very clear about his belief that the government stay out of and have no control on religion, any religion.

It has been an interesting read, and I would not involve myself to much except that I spent 22 years defending the CONSTITUTION of the United States, and as such, whether anyone likes it or not, they have the right to worship as they see fit, where there see fit..thus, the Mosque at Ground Zero. And as such, the preacher in Florida has the right as an American to burn the Quran. Someone before me already stated, just because they have the right to do so does not mean they should do so.

I have done some extensive study on the religions of the world. I will stay completely out of that discussion out of respect for the all the different belief systems here. How you believe is not for me to question or change. Time will tell on both of these issues, and I predict they will both result in acts of violence as people with petty minds and beliefs react rather than respond.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]