Quote:

By the way, thanks Fleeting. And I wasn't saying that you're pro-stem cell because you have MD or anything. I mean, clearly from the rest of your views you seem to be a pretty logically-thinking, religiously-detached guy, and there are plenty of people who won't benefit from Stem Cell research in any way, but think the same way and see that the benefits from Stem Cell research are too good to just ignore. And yeah, I guess you're right that chances are slim that a cure would come in time to cure you (which was a horribly sad thing to read by the way... I think I'll take that to a PM) but I assumed since you are affected by a disease which Stem Cells might be able to cure, you'd care about that topic greatly, because even if you or your generation doesn't benefit from it, years down the line people like you will. And I don't know, I just figured you wouldn't wish MD upon anyone, and if there is any chance of someone getting up and playing a game of soccer with their buddies, or whatever the activity you miss/long for the most is, then you'd be all for that. So I guess really, I did think that you having MD was part of your reason for supporting stem cell research, although not necessarily your only reason, and not necessarily our of a desire for it to save you specifically, but just because you relate to the issue.

Thanks, yes you are right and I agree, just wanted to make it clear that my feelings were just about what was best for humanity and not in anyway selfish.

Thanks for your PM by the way and I will be very happy to respond to all your questions, however my wifes family are arriving in a few minutes and are staying for the weekend, so it will probably be Monday when I next have time to write out a long post. I wanted to comment now though so you didn't feel you had offended me with your questions.

Cheers
Tim