Quote:

The veto was to prevent a new line of dead baby cells to be used in research. But where do you draw the line. It can come down to girls getting pregnate and selling to doctors. But this is another part of the debate on how far should we go. You can say its not killing babys all you want but they are still dead babys.

As I've already said there is hundreds of thousands of embryos that have been created for IVF that are being destroyed or kept untill they are useless. Even if you belive these embryo's are babies (which they arn't) they are going to be destroyed anyway, why would you not want to potentially develop treatments to save and improve millions of lives with these cells rather than throwing them in the bin?

Quote:

With stem cell the is not the only country doing work in it. But yet adult stem cells are still the only one makeing results.

There are only a few treatments involveing stem cells at the moment but there is the potential for thousands more, research takes alot of time, often decades. Using embryonic stem cells is more complex and so it will take longer to produce treatments, however there is more flexability and potential with these cells than the adult ones, it takes longer to get there but the potential rewards are greater.

Quote:

Anti abortion people are supprised when someone goes to term with a baby they know to have some form of defect. Enough said about that.

I don't really understand that comment, was the anti abortion people a typo? if you meant pro choice people then it's of course a very difficult and complex question with no easy answer, it depends on the funding and situations of the parents and what the condition the child will have is. There is no right answer here, it's just many many shades of grey.

Quote:

Theory -a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact

Sorry had to look that up I am not as smart as most of you. Hell I still think the world is flat. But evolution is still a theory.

Ok, I clearly didn't explain myself properly. Evolution is NOT a theory, Evolution is fact. There is a huge ammount of evidence proving that evolution is fact, just as one small example look at certain bacteria that were once treatable by antibotics but they have now evolved to a state where they are not treatable by antibotics.

The theory of evolution is more about explaining the mechanisisms about how evolution happens these are the theorys.

Many creationists and people who take the Old testement literally try to use the word theory (as you have) to discredit Evolution, this is wrong.

Quote:

The whole teaching religion thing I will not debate.

There is nothing wrong with teaching relgion, in fact it's a good thing, however teaching things in science classes that are quite simply wrong like the earth is less than 10,000 years old isn't acceptable. Your daughter sounds very intelligent, congratulations.

Quote:

Flip that to what you belive in. I love how liberals bitch about people not being open minded but bitch even louder when everyone doesnt belive in what they say.
Not saying you are like that but I hear and see it alot.

This is a fallacy, science by it's very defintion wants to be challenged. Views of scientists are not in any way sacred, if evidence is provided that shows one of my beliefs to be wrong I will change my belief, I see this as the only logical way to think.

If I were to debate weather the Old Testement was literally true with someone who belives it is I will offend them, I don't see anyway I can put my views across along with the facts that won't offend them.

Quote:

Why do people have issues with someone beliving God created all life. Does it really effect you if they do.

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't have a problem with what people belive, if you belive in something that helps you through life and helps you to be a better person then great.

However and it's a big however what people belive does affect me and does affect the world I live in when these people run for president or in the case of Palin run for a postion one old man heartattack away from presdient. At this point it's no longer the right thing to do to stay quiet to avoid offence, you have to speak out for what is right.