Quote:

I think you miss understood what some of what I was saying. First of my kids school have seperate religion and science classes. I agree with you that they should be seperate. I guess I dont know what you mean by the world is 10,000 years old. Who the hell belives that.

I think you misunderstood me originally, I strongly belive in religion being taught in schools and don't know anyone that doesn't even the most staunch of atheists.

However science should be totally sperate, my issue is with Palin and other creationists and people who take the old testement literally that want to teach creation as an alternative to evolution in science classes. There is a very significant percentage of people in America that belive this and there are already many places where this happens.

These people despite all the evidence to the contary belive the earth to be between 6000-10000 years old, they belive that dinosaurs walked the earth with humans but became extinct shortly after the great flood.

Quote:

Are you saying Palin belives the world is 10,000 years old??

I don't know her exact date but yes thats pretty close to it, Honestly I'm astonished that you have not heard this before, it's the view of around a 1/3rd of Americans. According to a Gallup poll

Quote:

Not anti but crazy left wing liberals is what I meant. Those that will kill a baby with downs syndrom just because it may be alittle harder to raise them. And yes there is a right answer no grey areas.

No I'm sorry the world isn't that simple and take it from someone who knows. You have to take many things into account when decideing if it's in everyones interests to have a disabled child.

You have to make sure you can afford the child, It might well mean never working, will you be able to deal with that? financially and emotionally. You have to know that you might be giving up alot of your life for the child and you need to know it won't make you bitter, if you arn't going to be happy the child won't be either. You have to decide are you going to be able to entertain someone who can't go and play football with their friends, do you have the time and the money to provide entertianment? what about pain and quality of life, is someone who is deaf, blind and dumb ever going to be happy? is it more merciful not to bring them into the world? what about cronic pain, how about dignity? are you happy to be wiping an adults bum for them for ever or washing their penis? will they be happy for you to do this or will they feel they have no dignity at all?

The child needs to feel they bring something to the world, if you feel all you bring to the world is pain, if you feel you are a burden and make people unhappy and stop them living their life do you want to live feeling this?

Quote:

Every time you say evolution is not a theory I will say evolution is a theory.

I don't know how to explain it to you evolution is a fact, seperate to that is the theory of evolution.

Do you belive gravity is a fact? the same applies here, gravity is a fact but exactly how gravity works is the theory of gravity.

Evolution is a Fact.

Quote:

Did you hear what Obama's minister rants and raves about, do you really know what Obama belives in?

Obamas minister is a nut job too just like Palin, Obama doesn't belive what his minister belives though.

holding that belief of literalists/young earth creationists requires a remarkable amount of denial of objective evidence and the like which to my mind implies issues with reasoning and logic and therefor anyone with these views are not suitable to run a country.