That's assuming that their is a magical car fairy. Which I know, to everyone's dismay...unfortunately there is not. Sad but true. Just like their isn't a tooth fairy, CUZ I STILL HAVE MY TOOTH AND NO MONEY, or maybe I just had neglecting parents when I was young. lol.

I think that the scenario would go like this, say Company Y starts mass producing higher mpg cars, along with Company P, N, F and probably D. A single company pumping mpg cars probably wouldn't be enough to hit the broader side of the market. You would also need Advertising Companies like H and S to pump consumer bases into such a realm with "VOTE OR DIE" type of messages. Enough to have them dump their cars that they currently use. Even if they started doing this now, it would be a couple of years before this actually kicked in depending on the rate of deterioration of all cars being used at this point in time along with a broadly accepted philosophy of marginalism when they were purchasing cars; sublimed into these advertising projects to come of course. And let's not forget the all powerful and demeaning state of trust between consumers and the economy. If they somehow managed to green all these things, that's still say what? Five, Ten years. The effect of gas usage and price would be like slicing the tip off a cake every year, and with the media the way it is now. We will be in a red gas alert for years to come and then some.

Heck in reality we could be using less gass now then we have in years, quantitively speaking; but we wouldn't know it because the price of oil serves as an index to the average consumer's perspective and they are manipulating this to their hearts content.

So what can we do? We're screwed, practice power walking or riding a bike....

Actually, after the fifth year of oil price misindeminity, and once it has become apparent to the international public of the existence of it, rally up the Department of Commerce along with the Department of Energy have them and all their peons along with certain representatives from other countries lobby the U.N to construct a temporary establishment of the International Sanctum of the Common Welfare, have them disband OPEC, OECD along with any other Multi-Corporate Guised Monopolies occupying the International Stage.

If they fail to comply find ways to embargo them of needed resources. Personnel, Electricity, or even Sewage. Place pressure on the countries housing these oil companies to comply with the aspects of this project at the stake of international financial claim as deemed evitable by the ISCM.

Once these oil-monopolies are disbanded, disband the Department and reconstruct it as seen fit in the event of a similar incident. Not all the oil companies need to be demoralized at least more then half, this would leave room to avoid World War III, and stubborn countries could be ignored and addressed at a later date. However in the event that a country decides to rescind their promise to the cause, any countries that decide to follow that country will have to be demonstrated with a delicate show of force so as much to give the impression of all seriousness without causing other countries to rally together. It would be important to keep these countries apart therefore the process would have to be done painstakingly slow so as to provide a time lag and keep them from shrouding together.

Once all countries have agreed, impose obscene taxes on the import of oil for companies that are on the roster for these giant international monopolies and wait for it all to crumble. The department will be kept active for five years after which it will be disbanded and kept in the pockets of the U.N. These activities would have to be kept in total darkness and at the under the table of all major countries and the U.N, once the smoke has settled, remove everyone that participated from the U.N chair and delete all records. That would probably be the biggest help in solving this problem. Oil wise...

I will probably be assassinated by oil spies in the later part of tomorrow or the day after. But my legacy lives on.

Long live KGB, Comrades.