If OPEC drops production gas goes up. If OPEC raises production gas goes down.

So tell me how Exxon controls gas prices. If they buy cheap, gas is cheap. If they buy high, gas is high.

I use to sell product for a company, we went by 25% as our profit. If our cost went up our profit went up due to our 25% profit. We didnt drop our prices becaouse the public was mad at the increase, they just paid more. I am assuming most companies work the same. So yes if crude oil is 100 a barrel when it was 80, profit goes up.

Yes everyone needs gas but with inflation it is about the same as the late 70's. It is also a commodity and will go up and down. as with the gas crunch in the 70's it will most likely go back down to a lower price, and the evil big oil profits with it.

So OPEC is who you should be mad at. As in the 70's they made the price rise then.

Government subsidies, not just oil, is another whole crazy problem in itself. Without it bread is 20 buck a loaf but government is smaller and we pay less in taxes. I can see both sides of that argument. Granted I dont see big oil needing it.