Quote:

Ok whats your point. An American company is making a profit. I know big oil is an evil empire trying to take over the world.

I dont get why people get made at oil companies making a profit, its what companies do. Do you get mad when other companies make profits.

1. I get fucking PISSED every time I go to the gas station - which is 2-3 times a week. On average I am spending 70$ PER WEEK so that they can get their God Damned Profit. NO, I'm not driving a gas guzzler, but to get to one of the few jobs I could find in this area for me, I have to drive 50 minutes ONE WAY to work every day. Lastly, if I do not buy gas so I can drive to work, I won't get paid.

2. NO, I do not get mad when NEWEGG or DELL or most other companies make a profit off me, because it only happens once every 2-4 years. That goes for most other things. Even grocery prices going up isn't pissing me off - I can still pay $45 for protein powder that will last me 2.5 months or roughly 90 meals!!!

However, None of that compares to what gas prices are doing to my income OR the rest of the economy. I am paying more than DOUBLE what I used to pay for gas 5 years ago, PER gallon. That's absolute insanity. For poor people like me, that totally sucks. I can't just choose not to go to Best Buy and instead go to newegg.com to save money like I can for computer parts. There's little alternative and I really cannot afford a hybrid. Gas prices are affecting EVERYTHING and in a NEGATIVE way. And not just in a small way, it's huge. How can you NOT get pissed about that?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]