I totally agree with Daye. We are a low income family, and while Gas is cheaper in Tennessee compared to the rest of the states, it varies right now from 3.09/gallon to 3.19/gallon.
I don't have to drive anywhere so I stay home a lot and only go back and forth to pick my son up from school. When he use to ride the bus I never went anywhere. I can shove 10$ in my gas tank and last me for a week. He doesn't ride the bus due to issues we were having with his safety on the bus.

But there are alot of people out there like us who just make what we need to get by, with the rising cost of gas prices we minimize what we can so Steve can get back and forth to work, he drives for work but thankfully on a company truck with a company gas card, he has a huge ass truck lol so I know the gas prices are crazy and now a days Diesel is more expensive then Gasoline and it use to be cheaper. With gas prices going up and up all of the paychecks are staying the same. Where we live we don't have the option of public bus system or biking to work. Steve work is over 16 miles from us and it's all country roads along the way. If he was closer to his work he'd totally bike but if he did it now he's likely to be killed on the curvy country roads. They are saying that gas is going up over 4$ a gallon here soon and if that is the case at least us and I am sure most other people will be screwed. We've cut back on a lot of grocery shopping cut down Tv prices etc the higher it gets the more we'll have to cut back it's just ridiculous and something needs to change. Daye and Derid totally said it best

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]