Even the alternate gas things like where they turn the corn into gas for cars, most cars will need to be adapted to that and it will be a lot of money out of our pocket. Before I went back to school and took this class, if most farmers start to sell off their corn or whatever to make the biofuels it's going to effect the land that the farmers grow their crop on. Ya I guess I am kinda of what you guys been calling an eco freak, since that is my major in college, but if there was a lot of farmers who harvested their corn for the bio fuel they remove the entire crop. Typically farmers who just use it for regular harvesting they leave behind the stuff that cannot be harvested and it reabsorbs into the soil and will still have a good output of crops for next harvesting season. If farmers used that corn for bio fuel they will not have the harvested leftovers going back into the soil which would eventually make the soil go bad and the area will not yield anymore crop. In doing so that would put our corn and other food prices going through the roof.
I would love to see some sort of alternate fuel system.

I am curious if anyone here has a hybrid vehicle? I would love to get one myself just for the gas costs alone although the lesser threat for the environment is a good factor as well. But in reality it's all about the money.
I wondered for those who have hybrid cars is it really that much of a savings.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]