The US has more oil in reserve than it uses in production. There are 176 federal oil reserves nationwide each holding 4x the amount that the larger refineries such as exxon and motiva use in a 5 year span for production purposes. places like Big Hill reserve in winnie texas are veritable fortresses. I had to work there when i was doing fire safety and inspections and it takes them 2 hours just to check you in the front gate. soldiers, dogs, background checks, practically dismantling my company truck. the funny thing is that this reserve is in the middle of BFE in winnie Texas and most residents in the area don't even know that it is there.

There is no oil shortage in the US. The oil is just being boggarted while our government tries to buyout other countries supplies so that we will have a future monopoly on the market.

There are still many drillable areas in the US but we won't use them due to the fact that our government has been trying to corner the oil market for years and us tapping those resources is counterproductive to the goal.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]