Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Derid

See thats the thing, I have always been pro-choice.

Then I really don't understand you. Lets go step by step.

1. Do you agree that Ron Paul is clearly anti-abortion?

Yes, but he believes it is Constitutionally mandated to be regulated/decided at the State level.

2. Do you agree that Ron Paul is clearly of Christian faith?

Yes.

3. Do you agree that Ron Paul is anti-abortion stance is based on Christian faith?

No. His abortion stance actually comes from an experience he had as a medical intern when an aborted fetus was gasping for air and trying to breathe/cry in a trash can. It had an effect on him.

4. Do you agree that Ron Paul acted via legislature and voting on his anti-abortion stance?

No, he acted on his financial/constitutional principles regarding spending of taxpayer money.

5. Do you agree that control over your own body is a fundamental right?

yes

6. Do you agree that women should have control over their bodies?
yes

7. Do you agree that denying any right to any specific group of people would be considered anti-this-group stance?

yes, however I also acknowledge the validity of the stance that if people think that a fetus is actually a person - that the unborn persons rights can be validly defended.

Generally speaking, I am for first trimester abortions, against third trimester abortions - because a fetus can live outside of a womb at that point... and think second trimester abortions are a grey area.. I am not for banning them, but I would generally encourage anyone I knew who was contemplating an abortion to get it done as soon as possible.

Please respond with yes or no.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)