Originally Posted By: sinij
I don't see "its federal money" as a good justification for misogyny when there is clear pattern in his voting. Throw newsletter bigotry on top of that and you have less than ideal picture.

Would I be willing to tolerate bigot and misogynist as a President to see some economical changes? That is very difficult question with no clear answer.

The accusations of misogyny just simply make no sense. There is indeed a pattern to his voting, but there is absolutely no possibility of making a valid case that this pattern is misogynistic or bigoted.

In fact he blames the "war on drugs" for playing a huge role in the disproportionate imprisonment and persecution of minorities.

Jet, as far as no federal money going to abortion - then why would it matter if someone voted to continue that? I am actually pro-choice, always have been, ( queue your memory regarding my lengthy debates with Vydor on the subject )but I also do not think it should be a taxpayer funded activity.

As far as Paul not being able to win, well that is something that would change if more people got out to vote for him now wouldnt it? Do you vote for who you think will win, or do you vote for what you think is best?

Besides, at the end of the day - I would think liberals would support Paul for one simple reason : the only likely way to avoid a war with Iran is Paul somehow, getting the support to become President. Because despite his recent mild backtracking as election season starts... Obama will take us to war with Iran. So would any of the GOPers except Paul.

I would hope everyone would realize that in addition to the meaningless destruction and loss of life, that there is no way our economy can survive another several trillion dollar war expenditure. China might even take the opportunity to stop buying up our debt... I hope I dont have to explain what will happen if we have an army overseas fighting, a tanking economy - and then several hundred billion dollars worth of US T-Bills sit on the shelves for a while, because noone is buying them.

So at least for THIS election, I would hope you would be registering R and voting in your local primary. Maybe if for the NEXT election, if the Dems somehow managed to find someone other than Senator Wyden or Kucinich with an ounce of decency or principles, or if Wyden ran for Pres then noone would find it odd or uncouth if you switched back.

But right now, in 2012, a vote for anyone but RP is a vote for war. Even if he doesn't win, I would hope people would be interested in at least making a loud protest.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)