Originally Posted By: sinij
I was really surprised to find you in the anti-abortionist crowd, you always came across as strong personal freedoms and goverment staying out of people's business advocate.

Well I guess you chose to forget your "freedom, flag and constitution" stance and dust off your grandpa's bible when it concerns women's rights. You and Ron Paul.

See thats the thing, I have always been pro-choice. Which is why I held your remarks in such disdain - because you simply do not know what you are talking about. Imagine if someone came up to you, and started calling you names and tossing insults and loaded rhetoric at you for being pro-gun.

http://oracle.the-kgb.com/ubbthreads.php...=true#Post90484 Some recent comments by me, shortly before you started popping in around here that included references to my thoughts on the role of federal govt, including abortion. Unfortunately it seems that my great debates with Vydor and others on the issue have been archived, but ask Jet - he used to pop into those debates.

I really do not understand how someone could manage to twist not caring about, or even supporting, a bill that was about how federal tax dollars are spent regarding abortion - into some sort of religious anti-abortion stance.

Its not about abortion. Its about spending. There are many reasons I am opposed to using federal funds for abortions, except in cases noted by that particular bill referenced earlier. Not the least of which is that approx half of the US thinks abortion is morally wrong, and I think that the wishes of so many taxpayers should be respected.

This issue is not about that the govt is preventing, prohibiting, or regulating - its about not forcing people to pay for something. There is an immense philosophical gap between the two, whether you choose to recognize that or not.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)