Originally Posted By: sinij
Quote:
Its not about abortion. Its about spending.

No, just no.

I can't say I want to remove police protection from people of color and then claim it is about spending and not bigotry. It just doesn't work that way.

That is probably the most fail example I have ever seen. The analogy does not even begin to work.

Just because someone should have the right to do something, does not mean that they should have the right to have govt use other peoples money to pay for them to do it.

I see where you are coming from - if you believe that anyone should have the right to anything medical related, and other people should be required to pay for it - then it stands to reason that you would say denial of funding for something it an abrogation of those rights.

However, I absolutely do not think medical funding for any person or procedure is a right. Therefore my opposition to using tax dollars for this particular procedure, has absolutely nothing to do with bigotry.

And that IS how it works.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)