Originally Posted By: sinij
... you are only going to make it impossible to legally operate and fund any avenue for abortions, or add so many unnecessary bureaucratic steps that it will be effectively banned for all but very rich.

There is absolutely no scientific, medical or greater good of society justification to oppose abortions. All anti-abortion arguments are based on moral stance, inevitably based in religion. As a result any attempt to legislate religious morality to detriment of individual's rights, is not only attack on personal freedoms, but because it specifically targets a group of people - woman, is misogynist.

You might personally believe whatever you chose to believe, but moment it crosses into action territory, you start engaging in misogyny.

Teller of untruths, teller of untruths, your trousers are combusting!
While I would like to make it impossible to operate an abortion clinic that is not at all what we're discussing. Your argument that there is no justification for opposing abortion other than religious is predicated on the idea that life doesn't begin until a human is forcibly ejected from a birth canal. FYI the same people who espouse that belief are the ones who are currently suggesting that "really, a life doesn't begin until the child has cognitive reasoning abilities, so we should be able to abort children up to the age of 2." How's that for a slippery slope?

What I believe cannot be considering misogyny because it has bearing on the woman only tangentially. My belief that life begins at conception depends on the woman only in so far as females are the only sex that can become pregnant. In order for my views to be misogynist I would have to say "abortion is wrong because women aren't capable of making sound decisions" or something to that effect. About the closest to that you're ever going to get from me is, someone who chooses to have sex recreationaly and considers pregnancy a "burden to be saddled with" (in the words of B.O.) is incapable of making sound decisions about someone else's life.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]