ok back on subject of town they have updated the FAQ
PLAYER OWNED TOWNS

Will I be able to choose where the lots will be placed in my town?

We will be building the player owned towns from templates and modifying them based on requests. Players can submit a general layout request and we will get as close as we can based on our starting templates.

Can players help design their towns; even what kind of biome it has?

We will be building the player owned towns from templates and modifying them based on requests. Players can submit detailed requests, like biomes, and we will get as close as we can based on our starting templates.

Can town owners select their NPC buildings? Will I also be able to decide where they are placed?

Yes, players can pick which NPC buildings they want (number of buildings based on town size). We will be building the player owned towns from templates and modifying them based on requests. Players can submit layout requests for the town including NPC building location and we will get as close as we can based on our starting templates.

Do we get to create the lore for our town and name the NPC’s?

Yes!

Can we pick where our Town is located in Novia?

Yes, players can request a location for their town. As stated in the Add-on Store, the location will be limited to roughly the “quadrant of the map”. Exact hex location will be determined by Portalarium. This is because we have to place and balance them around plot points, dungeons, and adventure areas.

Can a town be upgraded? If so, how will that work?

For Episode 1, upgrading to a bigger town from an already established town will require replacing the old map with a new, larger map. This means players will have to store and move their houses from the old map to the new map

Does a town generate income for the owner? Do we get a part of the tax on used lots or make money from our vendors?

For Episode 1, we currently do not plan to have these towns generate income for the owner via the game systems. However players are free to earn income by renting the lots in their town to other players.

How will sieges effect player owned towns?

Though it was not in our origional design to have seiges impact player owned towns, but if players think this would be fun we could expand the sieges to include player owned towns. However, some PvP options will be available to Town Owner.

Can I flag my player owned town as an Open PVP Zone?

Yes you can! *cue wild west music*

When can I start my design session with the team?

We will be contacting town owners in the next few months to get this process started.

How will you schedule the design sessions and how will deal with conflicts of location and name requests?

We will be honoring requests based on town size and purchase date. Example: Metropolis owners will go first and they will be sorted by purchase date with oldest purchase having highest priority.