The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/26/14 02:39 PM
SHROUD OF THE AVATAR: KGB City?

KGB Supreme Knight Zhou brought up the idea of KGB having it's own property in SOTA. What do you all think?

Here are the details.

Lot Sizes in Meters (for reference):

Row: 10 x 15 = 150 sq
Village: 20 x 30 = 600 sq
Town: 30 x 40 = 1200 sq
City: 40 x 60 = 2400 sq
Keep: 60 x 80 = 4800 sq
Castle: 80 x 120 = 9600 sq

Holdfast: $750 12,600sq
Hamlet: $1200 19,800sq
Village: $1500 25,200sq
Crossroads Village: $2000 33,600sq
Town: $3,000 50,400sq
City: $4,000 67,200sq
Metropolis $5,000 84,200sq

I would be willing to drop the first $500.00. As with all guild owned assets, this would remain in control of the KGB Federal Government and all of you would have full access as long as you remain KGB citizens.

What do you think?
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/26/14 08:15 PM
Romeo, pay the man....lol
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/26/14 09:53 PM
I originally was planned on buying a smaller option for us when I gathered some funds. Jet brought the idea up to see the level of interest in the guild along with Romeo. I plan to at least match Jet (500.00) or slightly more if their is interest within the guild since it will be owned by the guild and not personal property of anyone.

The only question I'm wondering about it being able to purchase a keep or castle lot in the game. They were created for dukes and LOTM packages. That effects the layout.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/26/14 10:13 PM
Lets think of this game as a place to live and socialize over the long haul. In between the shorter lived games, and when we are not playing Star Citizen, we could hang out and do things here.

I am excited and am an early backer.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/26/14 11:03 PM
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Lets think of this game as a place to live and socialize over the long haul. In between the shorter lived games, and when we are not playing Star Citizen, we could hang out and do things here.

I am excited and am an early backer.

Exactly, i plan to use the game to mix with Star Citizen, to give all my MMO needs for years. Space Sims are amazing but you have to add some fantasy in there and this will do it. I'm also a Royal Founder 3days old into Kickstarter.
Posted By: Morlander Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/27/14 12:27 AM
id be in the boat of totally willing to buy this game and play it if kgb was around to play with i dont have any money to put forth honestly but letting you know i would take advantage of a game like this i f kgb was present
Posted By: JetStar Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/27/14 12:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Morlander
id be in the boat of totally willing to buy this game and play it if kgb was around to play with i dont have any money to put forth honestly but letting you know i would take advantage of a game like this i f kgb was present

Thanks Morlander. Your presence is more important that any $$ you could give. Already we have enough for a nice property and space for a Castle.
Posted By: Heidi Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/27/14 03:29 AM
I am all in for it. I could match that with another $500 if we get a big response to help with it I'd be willing to do more.
Posted By: Heidi Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/27/14 03:49 AM
Its important to note that even if we buy the town as a guild in order to have a house you will need to purchase a plot deed then the style house you want (unless you have donated and already have both).
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/27/14 04:09 AM
Originally Posted By: Heidi
Its important to note that even if we buy the town as a guild in order to have a house you will need to purchase a plot deed then the style house you want (unless you have donated and already have both).

At least they will have a spot saved for them and can work their way to purchasing it without a feeling of being rushed.

Once we see the general interest, and decide on a town option, then people have to decide the level of home and to make sure they can pay the upkeep if they don't have a tax free lot. We will have a set sq ft to work with but I'm sure we can try to accommodate as much as possible. The more interest the bigger the city. There are already 2 Metropolis purchased by large organizations.

We will be able to name our NPC buildings, our npcs and design the layout with the dev team and name the city and much more. So it's a nice feature.

My only concern is the guild HQ building. Ever since adding the Keep and Castle lots they have been quite if they can be bought in game or only through pledge. That kind of decides the central layout if that happens.

***The possibility so far of $1,500.00 Village***
Posted By: Niru Suto Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/27/14 02:20 PM
I'm in the same boat as Morlander except that I already have the game (thanks again Zhou). Just don't have that kind of money but would definitely play.
Posted By: Sini Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/28/14 02:57 AM
Game hasn't been released and they already whoring it out like this. This isn't even micro transactions, more like Mega transactions.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/28/14 03:30 AM
Originally Posted By: Sini
Game hasn't been released and they already whoring it out like this. This isn't even micro transactions, more like Mega transactions.

It's the new style of gaming for mmo's. Going to have to get use to it. More games going this route. No different then Star Citizen selling capital ships, or gold in gw2, it's just funding.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/28/14 02:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Zhou
Originally Posted By: Sini

It's the new style of gaming for mmo's. Going to have to get use to it. More games going this route. No different then Star Citizen selling capital ships, or gold in gw2, it's just funding.

I agree and disagree. It is the new style, in this instance, they are not receiving the support they see games like Star Citizen receive and are trying to balance that out I think. Personnally I am still on the fence for this one, even though I am a founder.

Having said that, I am in. If wee are going to do this, then do it UO style. Buy the biggest damn town you can, and ensure you have room for everyone that has already bought houses etc. Not sure how all of that is going to interface.
Posted By: Instrument Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/28/14 05:04 PM
count me in
Posted By: Sini Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/28/14 05:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Zhou
it's just funding.

Yes and no. Sure, companies that feel financially threatened are bolder with their monetization, but all companies do this kind of cash grab. I feel any time anyone pays into this flawed system encouraging more of the same.

As to financial need for Shroud, Richard is a wealthy individual that already went out with hat in hand on kickstarter and so on.
Posted By: Derid Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/28/14 08:52 PM

If you cant beat em, join em.

MMO operators apparently cant beat gold sellers, so they join em. If someone like Roms is gonna spend hundreds of dollars at launch buying gold from isellgolddotcom , why not eliminate the middle man?

What I wish, was that they operated like 503(c)(3) and published their cost structure. IE where does the money go. I wouldnt mind dropping a grand on a virtual castle if I had any faith in the developers.
Posted By: Bandit Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/29/14 02:02 AM
I do have one account with i think founder status, so i will be playing as long as the pvp is fun.
Posted By: Owain Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/29/14 03:18 AM
Sounds like a great idea. I'll have to see how much I can contribute. I'm retiring at the end of the year, and my wife is already paranoid about finances. It may have to be a stealth contribution . SHHHHHH. ;)
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/29/14 03:48 AM
If we do decided to go through with this and purchase something. I believe it is still able to be melted down and you can upgrade it to a large town if we get more funding.
Posted By: Instrument Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/29/14 05:15 AM
is there at KGB pal pay account?
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/29/14 12:08 PM
Use to be instrument but our TS license required to remove it. Best bet is probably to gift SOTA store credit chips in the ad don store to jets KGB account, if we're set on grabbing a town.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/29/14 05:00 PM
I just don't trust Richard anymore. He is even more batty then he was in the 90's. After Star Citizen, I put my foot down about "Pre-Funding" titles before they even have anything to show. One of the things that worries me about both SC and SotA is that both of these Game Studios heads have shown an amazing talent of enriching there own lives through there projects. Right now, CR is living the dream with our money and is so deep in the hole on promises he will have to deliver the best Space Sim MMO ever to even come close to meeting the promises he made. At least with SotA, Richard has learned that over promising will lead to significant let down over time and SotA doesn't have the raw number of people backing it to afford people walking away from the project.

The "Twitch Effect" isn't helping either of these games. The short term ADHD effect of current main stream gamers who flutter from new title to new title and grind through the content in the first week to two weeks and then move on is at a frenzy. This reality is further enforced with the over popularization of streaming and those streamers continually only playing the newest games in order to generate viewer ship and the whoring of those titles in give aways as product placement by the companies making said title.

The only real saving grace anymore for longevity of a title is a pseudo e-sport functionality and something that placates to short attention spans and limited in-game time. The reality is no one cares about killing rabbits and turning them in. The "Level Grind" is a significant deterrent anymore to even playing a game. The reality is, developers are learning that no one wants to level to get to the PvP or end content. Make your game about PvP or the End Content and get rid of all the pre-leveling to get to that point.

In short, I am on the fence about SotA until I have any degree of confidence that this project isn't going to crash and burn or just truly suck balls and be another grinder.
Posted By: Derid Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/29/14 11:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
I just don't trust Richard anymore. He is even more batty then he was in the 90's. After Star Citizen, I put my foot down about "Pre-Funding" titles before they even have anything to show. One of the things that worries me about both SC and SotA is that both of these Game Studios heads have shown an amazing talent of enriching there own lives through there projects. Right now, CR is living the dream with our money and is so deep in the hole on promises he will have to deliver the best Space Sim MMO ever to even come close to meeting the promises he made. At least with SotA, Richard has learned that over promising will lead to significant let down over time and SotA doesn't have the raw number of people backing it to afford people walking away from the project.

The "Twitch Effect" isn't helping either of these games. The short term ADHD effect of current main stream gamers who flutter from new title to new title and grind through the content in the first week to two weeks and then move on is at a frenzy. This reality is further enforced with the over popularization of streaming and those streamers continually only playing the newest games in order to generate viewer ship and the whoring of those titles in give aways as product placement by the companies making said title.

The only real saving grace anymore for longevity of a title is a pseudo e-sport functionality and something that placates to short attention spans and limited in-game time. The reality is no one cares about killing rabbits and turning them in. The "Level Grind" is a significant deterrent anymore to even playing a game. The reality is, developers are learning that no one wants to level to get to the PvP or end content. Make your game about PvP or the End Content and get rid of all the pre-leveling to get to that point.

In short, I am on the fence about SotA until I have any degree of confidence that this project isn't going to crash and burn or just truly suck balls and be another grinder.

This.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/30/14 03:11 AM
Originally Posted By: Instrument
is there at KGB pal pay account?

http://w3.the-kgb.com/index/donate.htm
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 06/30/14 03:55 AM

Same
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/01/14 11:56 AM
For those still on the fence or just wanting to see the progress of the game production I stream the events they usually do.

Zhou takes me around and shows everything and then I spend time engineering builds.

I'll try to give advance notice of the next time.

Now back to attempting to whore myself out to local refineries.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/01/14 12:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
For those still on the fence or just wanting to see the progress of the game production I stream the events they usually do.

Zhou takes me around and shows everything and then I spend time engineering builds.

I'll try to give advance notice of the next time.

Now back to attempting to whore myself out to local refineries.

End of July Release 8 advance notice Donk, PVP will start.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/01/14 07:44 PM
$$ UPDATE

We are up to $1000 donated with mine included. I am waiting to hear if the other contributor wants it public.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/01/14 09:03 PM
Nice! I'll send my share shortly.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/02/14 04:53 AM
Hey we are up to $1500.00
Posted By: JetStar Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/02/14 04:37 PM
We are at $2000.00 (If this one person that wants to be anonymous really wanted to donate $1000.00)

Here is what I am looking at:

Player Owned Crossroads Village
Have you ever wanted to own an entire scene? Now you can! A Crossroads Village is the size of one of the larger wooded player villages in the Hidden Vale. (and then some!)

Includes:
33,600 m2 of player lots
A design session with the Dev Team to define details including:
Name of Town
Location: Roughly which quadrant of the map. (Exact hex will be determined by Portalarium, Inc.)
Biome: Forest, Mountains, Grasslands, Swamp, etc.
NPC Building Definition (inn, smithy, etc.)
NPC names and stories
Lot Selection: Determine which lots of which size you want. For example at this size:
56 Village Lots
40 Village Lots + 1 Castle Lot
etc.
X Keys to X Locked Lots:
Keys equal to the number of lots chosen
Owner of the keys can lock and unlock lots at will so they can actively control who gets to live there
The key owner can evict an occupant and lock the lot using the key
Players will still need lot deeds to claim the lots once the town owner unlocks the lots
Central Square with 4 NPC owned buildings
Add On Store Houses:
2 Add On Store Village Houses
2 Add On Store Town Houses
1 Add On Store City House

Depending on the people willing to pony up, we could go bigger, but 40 lots and 1 castle is pretty awesome.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/02/14 05:20 PM
Remember Jet you can design any sort of lots based on that structure, it just can't exceed the square feet. We might make it to a higher tier.

Not sure what other people plan to place based on their pledge or owned lots. People have different tiers of houses and some have 2x lots.

You can either purchase one now and remelt it later for a bigger one or keep the donating going for the month and then purchase one, i think we have plenty of time to purchase.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/02/14 05:27 PM
Well lets see what else comes in and get the size City we can afford. Right now we can afford the one I posted. The next step up is a major upgrade.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/02/14 05:28 PM
Hey any ideas for names. In shadowbane we used sanctuary. We could do KGB Santuary. I have also used Pentagon City in the past.

What do you all think?
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/02/14 05:31 PM
Sanctuary!

Good old name with plenty of history. We can name our NPC's too so you will be able to add deKGB for last names probably.
Posted By: Derid Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/02/14 06:31 PM
Hey any ideas for names. In shadowbane we used sanctuary. We could do KGB Santuary. I have also used Pentagon City in the past.

What do you all think?

Feel free to reuse the name.... but not the civil engineering plan.
Posted By: Vyse Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/03/14 08:11 PM
I have put in $85 already and plan to play this one. I am 100% in on this one. Long live Richard Garriot :-)
Posted By: Viper Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/03/14 08:46 PM
Not 100% sure but I have kept my eye on it since the start.

Does anyone have an account that I can use during the next testing phase so i can check it out?
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/03/14 08:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Viper
Not 100% sure but I have kept my eye on it since the start.

Does anyone have an account that I can use during the next testing phase so i can check it out?

Ya I can, just come in ts3 next release
Posted By: Ifantis Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/04/14 02:34 PM
hey game looks kinda cool Ill keep tabs and I might jump into it with you guys gonna start back on night shift next week so im gonna have alot of free time on my nights off again.
Posted By: Arkh Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/06/14 11:57 AM

I've been preaching for years but I guess some people are finally starting to see the light. A good PvP player run game should not use levels and skill level in the PvP part of the game.
Make the gear be the difference and allow anyone to give gear they collected (by crafting, questing or slaying other players) to anyone. Then guilds become more than a group but real war machines, new players can join and enjoy PvP on day 1 if they have friends already playing.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/07/14 06:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Arkh

I've been preaching for years but I guess some people are finally starting to see the light. A good PvP player run game should not use levels and skill level in the PvP part of the game.
Make the gear be the difference and allow anyone to give gear they collected (by crafting, questing or slaying other players) to anyone. Then guilds become more than a group but real war machines, new players can join and enjoy PvP on day 1 if they have friends already playing.

See: Fundamental problem with DFO
Player 1 buys game
Player 1 logs into game
Player 1 realizes after 10 hours in game they are many years behind the Stat and Skill curve and logs out to cancel subscription.
Posted By: Morlander Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/09/14 10:37 AM
anyone playing this currently im considering grabbing it id like to play it with people tho curious if people are playing it when its available and are entertained by it enough to come back each time more is available to play
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/09/14 12:07 PM
anyone playing this currently im considering grabbing it id like to play it with people tho curious if people are playing it when its available and are entertained by it enough to come back each time more is available to play

I try out each release and the new features when the become available each month.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/12/14 12:37 AM
I have $2000.00 right now. I am going to wait a few weeks to make final purchase. I am going to try and put in another $500 as I would like to get to town size.
Posted By: Morlander Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/12/14 01:14 PM
just fyi on town size those plots to place a house are 500 bucks which will effectively bump a lot of us out of buying one at least with real cash
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/12/14 06:44 PM
just fyi on town size those plots to place a house are 500 bucks which will effectively bump a lot of us out of buying one at least with real cash

When he means town size hes talking about the $3000.00 town player city size with 50,400 sqaure feet of property, not the town lot.

Don't worry about buying one with real cash. Play the game and earn the gold in game to purchase the lot. Since Jet controls the Town he can prevent any player unless he unlocks the right to place on any lot in the city based on the layout and types used to fulfill the total square feet. He also controls the right to evict any player from any lot within his town.

I want to earn a Town or City lot in game and place that somewhere. You can have more than 1 house if you can maintain the monthly upkeep. Base what you think you want as a lot on if you can maintain the play time.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/12/14 08:43 PM
Hi all, we just hit 2500, which is in striking distance of the town.

I am going to give it 10 days to see if we can make it to a City. Town is NOT bad though. THANKS TO ALL THAT DONATED!
Posted By: Instrument Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/12/14 09:18 PM
PvP Option for Player Owned Towns

Community member Duke Violation suggested that we allow players to be able to set Open PvP for their player owned towns and we thought that was a brilliant idea, so we're adding that option to the Owner's Console for Player Owned Towns! Thanks Duke Violation!
Posted By: Owain Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/12/14 09:24 PM
Ok, you slackers. I'm the guy who just pushed us to $2500. (SHHHHH. Don't tell my wife ;) )

I know not everyone can drop a wad of cash on something like this, but $50 from ten guys buys just as much as $500 from one guy, and we all regularly drop that much or more on a game all the time.

If nothing else, the KGB town in SotA can serve as a virtual extension to the Oracle, where we can all get together in our very own mead hall. At best, we can find out for ourselves what is best in life.

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/12/14 11:09 PM
PvP Option for Player Owned Towns

Community member Duke Violation suggested that we allow players to be able to set Open PvP for their player owned towns and we thought that was a brilliant idea, so we're adding that option to the Owner's Console for Player Owned Towns! Thanks Duke Violation!

That's a part of the ongoing discussion of player owned property in dev+ access! along with council systems , etc
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/12/14 11:13 PM
If you can wait till the 1st of August and we have not reached $3,000.00 I might be able to donate another $250.00. I already dropped $500.00.
Posted By: Valen Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/13/14 04:00 AM
I've been pretty excited about this title for awhile now, having KGB active in it would push it over the net win edge for sure.
Posted By: Thrill House Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/13/14 06:04 AM
If it can wait until the start of next month im in for $250. Game is sounding awesome.
Posted By: Heidi Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/14/14 03:06 AM
They are also gonna do a layaway option for towns read that somewhere today.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/14/14 11:37 PM
Hate to burst the dream on a castle however, unless your a Duke (Keep Lot) or a Lord of the Manor (Castle Lot) these will not be available for purchase in the add on store or in game. They are only obtainable as a pledge. So the max lot size you can place on is a "City Lot"

The pledge has been changed and adjusted accordingly and this was said from Darkstarr. I'll keep up any new info.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/14/14 11:45 PM
For those people having hesitation on a KGB owned asset with donated money to the Clan. Let me assure you that in the last decade I have seen very few individuals, let alone Clans that are as honest as Jet, Romeo and the inner Cadre. If nothing else and SotA is a complete bust (hopefully not) you will still have full access to any KGB asset as long as you are member in good standing, even after every KGB but you has quite the title.

Just food for thought for some people that may have never been part of a KGB owned asset and are straddling the fence.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/15/14 04:47 AM
Thanks Tas

1997 to 2014 is actually 17 years since we got our first guild owned keep in UK.
Posted By: Roachcoach Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/16/14 03:24 AM
Unless they are named Jedule...zing!
Posted By: JetStar Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/16/14 04:51 AM
Zinger!!!!!
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/16/14 11:29 PM
Thanks Tas

1997 to 2014 is actually 17 years since we got our first guild owned keep in UK.

Some of us have only been affiliated with KGB for a decade. Ya know us "kids" of the Clan.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/16/14 11:39 PM
Hangout of the Avatar ~ Player Towns
Join us for the next Hangout of the Avatar this Friday, July 18th at 3pm CDT. Starr and Richard will be having having an in-depth discussion about Player Towns in Shroud of the Avatar, so you definitely don’t want to miss it! I’ll be taking your questions about in the chat-room, and in advance on right here in the comments.

Going to answer some questions regarding player owned towns.
Posted By: Valen Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/17/14 02:46 AM
Apparently next weekend they have their big PvP R8 test, a bunch of folks from work are going to take a look. If any of you have access, I'd love to hear what you think of it.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/18/14 06:18 PM
Posted By: Instrument Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/18/14 06:49 PM
don't go upsetting arch he is one of the KGB in my time zone
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/18/14 07:16 PM
The Battle of Agincourt was won by Longbow mainly, it wasn't really a battle so much as it was target practice, the French would have slaughtered the British otherwise.
Posted By: Instrument Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/18/14 07:58 PM
the mud helped
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/18/14 08:38 PM
British ego =)
Posted By: Morlander Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/18/14 11:00 PM
lol
Posted By: Owain Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/18/14 11:17 PM
The French would have slaughtered the British had they not gotten their asses kicked by charging their cavalry into infantry in flooded muddy fields where they were easily dismounted and shelled like crabs stuck on their backs.

As my signature block says...
Posted By: Instrument Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/19/14 04:58 AM
ok back on subject of town they have updated the FAQ
PLAYER OWNED TOWNS

Will I be able to choose where the lots will be placed in my town?

We will be building the player owned towns from templates and modifying them based on requests. Players can submit a general layout request and we will get as close as we can based on our starting templates.

Can players help design their towns; even what kind of biome it has?

We will be building the player owned towns from templates and modifying them based on requests. Players can submit detailed requests, like biomes, and we will get as close as we can based on our starting templates.

Can town owners select their NPC buildings? Will I also be able to decide where they are placed?

Yes, players can pick which NPC buildings they want (number of buildings based on town size). We will be building the player owned towns from templates and modifying them based on requests. Players can submit layout requests for the town including NPC building location and we will get as close as we can based on our starting templates.

Do we get to create the lore for our town and name the NPC’s?

Yes!

Can we pick where our Town is located in Novia?

Yes, players can request a location for their town. As stated in the Add-on Store, the location will be limited to roughly the “quadrant of the map”. Exact hex location will be determined by Portalarium. This is because we have to place and balance them around plot points, dungeons, and adventure areas.

Can a town be upgraded? If so, how will that work?

For Episode 1, upgrading to a bigger town from an already established town will require replacing the old map with a new, larger map. This means players will have to store and move their houses from the old map to the new map

Does a town generate income for the owner? Do we get a part of the tax on used lots or make money from our vendors?

For Episode 1, we currently do not plan to have these towns generate income for the owner via the game systems. However players are free to earn income by renting the lots in their town to other players.

How will sieges effect player owned towns?

Though it was not in our origional design to have seiges impact player owned towns, but if players think this would be fun we could expand the sieges to include player owned towns. However, some PvP options will be available to Town Owner.

Can I flag my player owned town as an Open PVP Zone?

Yes you can! *cue wild west music*

When can I start my design session with the team?

We will be contacting town owners in the next few months to get this process started.

How will you schedule the design sessions and how will deal with conflicts of location and name requests?

We will be honoring requests based on town size and purchase date. Example: Metropolis owners will go first and they will be sorted by purchase date with oldest purchase having highest priority.
Posted By: Arkh Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/19/14 07:19 AM
don't go upsetting arch he is one of the KGB in my time zone

Can't get upset from events which happened some centuries ago.
Posted By: Instrument Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/19/14 09:08 AM
Entente Cordiale
Posted By: Morlander Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/19/14 01:49 PM
Entente Cordiale

had to google that one hehehe
Posted By: Vyse Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/22/14 07:13 PM
I for one will be on for Release 8. Not sure how much but I plan to try out the PVP etc. Please keep in mind it is still early, the animations suck, it is sluggish and we can hope all that will change. Who all is planning to be on for release 8?

Just added $50, wish I could afford more but my wife will kill me as it is for that much lol. This is a very exciting opportunity and I want to be a part of it!
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/22/14 07:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Vyse
I for one will be on for Release 8. Not sure how much but I plan to try out the PVP etc. Please keep in mind it is still early, the animations suck, it is sluggish and we can hope all that will change. Who all is planning to be on for release 8?

Just added $50, wish I could afford more but my wife will kill me as it is for that much lol. This is a very exciting opportunity and I want to be a part of it!

Every little bit helps. Were keeping it going till right after the top of the month. Trying to get the Town for $3,000.00 i think were rather close.

I'll be testing pvp tonight in the Dev+ test, and ill try some of it out later this weekend, but I'll also be testing Destiny out as well.

Got some testing in. The deck system is different needs work but has its advantages over using standard hotbar setups. Melee combat owns atm with the damage compared to spells. Not much in the magic department to use. Some are much better than others.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/23/14 04:50 PM
Hi All,

Things have slowed down. I think I am going to talk to Romeo about his interest. At this point, I can make up the difference to get us to 3k which represents the town size.

Maybe we can get to City status.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/23/14 05:04 PM
Hi All,

Things have slowed down. I think I am going to talk to Romeo about his interest. At this point, I can make up the difference to get us to 3k which represents the town size.

Maybe we can get to City status.

Well I can't give anymore at this point but if I can next month I'll just drop it into the donation to help. I think someone else might donate next month as well. Saw some interest from other KGB that are going to play they just don't post it seems.
:)
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/23/14 05:24 PM
So how does the donate feature work? Do I purchase a package for access/title and the proceeds of that dollar amount are added to the "fund"? Or is it a straight dollar donation to the "fund" and I have to purchase a package for access/title in addition to whatever donation goes to the "fund"?
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/23/14 05:40 PM
So how does the donate feature work? Do I purchase a package for access/title and the proceeds of that dollar amount are added to the "fund"? Or is it a straight dollar donation to the "fund" and I have to purchase a package for access/title in addition to whatever donation goes to the "fund"?

If your referring to getting a SOTA pledge. That is either a one time payment or monthly payments for your total amount based on the tier you want. Goes to the overall amount of the game funds and has no bearing on the town we are trying to acquire. The minimum pledge is required on your behalf to have ownership to play the game. If you use the Alienware coupon and upgrade that it will cost you $25.00 for a minimum pledge.

The KGB city is a separate entity. Since it's a faction item all money has been given to the KGB paypal account and Jetstar will acquire the purchase on his account. His account will be the primary owner of the city and he can delegate people at launch for leadership access of the town.

Their are 3 ways of acquiring a plot to place in the city.
Minimum of $275.00 for a tax free row lot with house.
Minimum of $165.00 for a taxable village lot with house.
Acquire in game with in game currency for a plot and house also taxable
Posted By: Vyse Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/23/14 06:07 PM
I have put in $85 in pledges so far and donated some to our KGB cause. I can't afford to do anymore for a while.

What do you guys think is more important? Pledging to the game for the tax free etc or adding to the KGB cause? I assume there is no Tax free option once we buy the town etc? I am not sure how all that works. I definitely want to buy a house, I am fine if it is with in game money.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/23/14 06:34 PM
Thanks EVERYONE THAT IS DONATING.

Zhou, am I just being overzealous? How much time do you think I have. Will waiting impact our location or quality?

Thanks!
Posted By: Instrument Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/23/14 06:41 PM
player towns are not tax free and you will still need deeds
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/23/14 08:48 PM
Thanks EVERYONE THAT IS DONATING.

Zhou, am I just being overzealous? How much time do you think I have. Will waiting impact our location or quality?

Thanks!

Well as far as I know, they just added payment plans for people wanting to buy a town. I would expect you would be safe till October at least probably longer but the dev team will probably set out to get things ready then. They would announce if they were ending sales.

As far as the quality no effect. Each town depending on schedule and time will be able to be designed, or will have the ability to chose certain layouts depending on your city size and lots.

As far as location, each owner will only get to ask for two things. Biome style and section of the map. So if you want a city near Brittney they may chose anything within so many hexes around the area. You won't chose exact location.

The official stance from the Devs at the moment is don't email us. When we are ready for that aspect we will contact owners.

Also based off the recent player housing live stream. Owners who desire to upgrade to larger sized towns after launch will be able to do so since changing a hex won't require too much effort.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/23/14 08:51 PM
player towns are not tax free and you will still need deeds

Yup we will have ownership of the lots but a deed is necessary to make a lease on that land. Jet being your landlord and you being the tenant. Tax free lots are nice if you can't put the time in for maintaining the monthly upkeep. Everything except for Castle and Keep lots are in game to be obtained.
Posted By: Valen Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/24/14 06:50 AM
I'll be on for R8 this weekend.
Posted By: Vyse Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/24/14 06:42 PM
My understanding is if we raise enough for a town then each individual can either purchase a house deed to fit in that town or earn one using in game currency. I am assuming those that have donated to the cause would get 1st priority on a lot. Does anyone know what the tax rate is? I plan to spend $55 on the house but I don't know that it is worth another $100+ just to be tax free....
Posted By: Instrument Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/24/14 07:31 PM
as I understand it you will never lose the house if you miss your rent but it maybe packed up for you.

this would normaly mean you risk losing your build spot but if we own the town we control the slots.

and I can not see the rent being so high that you have to go out of your way to earn it
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/24/14 08:43 PM
I am sure any allies living in said town would be taxed, as well as buying the spot initially...
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/24/14 09:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
I am sure any allies living in said town would be taxed, as well as buying the spot initially...

You would have to buy or obtain a lot deed to place a house, the lots are owned by KGB. Now your lot deed is either tax free from a pledge or taxed through in game or add on store. Houses have no taxes.

Correct instrument, you will never lose your house or items in the house if the place falls the lot just becomes available again. If some random places, KGB can evict him from our city.

Vyse no idea in tax rates, it's a personal preference if you want a lot or not. We don't have a lot of space for everyone to own city lots. The town probably will consist of many village lots and some town, maybe a city or 2 for guild buildings no idea really.

I'm sure those who have backed before the game launch and donated can place their specific lot in town. I have a town lot and a village lot given to bandit.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/24/14 09:58 PM
For me, just like UO of old, and our long term presences to date, there will be guild owned houses in addition to private houses. I will reactivate the CKGB and a complete business crafting, and selling. Proceeds will support the guild and common properties. Securing the town size is my current concern. Romeo and I are meeting soon. To me a City would be ideal.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/26/14 07:21 PM
Ok. I could only resist so long. Richard better not completely flake the fuck out.

1) Founder Pack - Thanks Heidi
2) Wizard Tower - Village
3) Stone Arena Basement - Village
4) Donated to KGB Town Fund
Posted By: Heidi Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/26/14 07:33 PM
Just so you all know if you have one of the first founders like myself or Owain purchase your subscription for you it will give you earlier access for first release login and house placement.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/26/14 08:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Heidi
Just so you all know if you have one of the first founders like myself or Owain purchase your subscription for you it will give you earlier access for first release login and house placement.

Gifting founder ended April along with price discounts. Though you can still get recruit bonuses. Anyone that has yet to pledge should help out Heidi or Owain and let them get some recruit bonuses. Though anyone now will just be a benefactor unless they 3rd party acquire an account.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/26/14 08:48 PM
Ok. I could only resist so long. Richard better not completely flake the fuck out.

1) Founder Pack - Thanks Heidi
2) Wizard Tower - Village
3) Stone Arena Basement - Village
4) Donated to KGB Town Fund

You seem to have bought a house and basement. Just wanted to make sure you know that you will still need a lot via one of the 3 methods.
Posted By: Morlander Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/28/14 10:53 AM
played about 10-15 hours this weekend
basics of the game are there

gfx ect are decent the dungeon suprised me by being both more attractive and deeper than i thought with a boss at the end

most of the focus tho was on pvp testing and its combat system is a little different to get setup and undestand than the average after 20 mins it was a lot of fun rolling around with kgbs and making other players die in waves

for how early this game is the map and what to do on it is very limited still but i managed to enjoy it quite a bit when i did play
Posted By: Owain Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/28/14 12:23 PM
I'll second Morlander's evaluation.

There are some good youtube video tutorials on the card system, which isn't exactly intuitive to my way of thinking, but could be interesting. I'll be studying it more closely this week while goofing off at work. ;)

So far, as a heavy plate melee warrior, setting up a standard fixed hot bar has been effective. That may change as the skill system become better developed. Right now, I'm using maces, which only has two attacks as opposed to blades, which has about 10 or so. If I stick with maces, which worked well this weekend, I'll probably have to move away from a fixed card layout once more mace attacks become available.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/28/14 08:54 PM
Donk has video for this weekend. We tested the Tank-n-Spank build on Saturday and the Finger WIggling on Sunday. In short, if you have the numbers you should have a spread. If you less that 6 ppl, you go Mage and Cross heal and CC your ass off.

We tested every PvE Map Tile that was ready. We tested basically two basic spec builds. Variations of Tank and Spank and Wiggling fingers. Under the current skill sets available the Spell spec is by far the most fleshed out and was the superior build in 1v1 or 3v3 PvP. In short, either you cross heal or your group gets wiped. CC is huge and coordinated CC'ing is even a bigger force multiplier. Under the current skill and point system you can build a hybrid anything with the healing spec.

Basically, don't be a terribad. Cross Heal, Stay in a Pack and get on the target and Chain CC it and Burn it into the ground. Combat awareness as is usual is a big part with the current Pre-Alpha friend/foe recognition system being non-existant other than using the F-keys to target your group members in blue and everything else is red=dead.

TLDR; We build spec groups, we pooped on kids and had laughs about it on coms. Just another weekend for the KGB core.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/28/14 09:38 PM
Had a ton of fun PvP'ing with my KGB brothers and sistah!

Tried to keep it as fun as I could given the parameters of the game
and hoe I didn't get too intense (The PvP does this to me as you all know) so I hope I wasn't a jerk.

After seeing this build my faith level in the game has went up a couple of notches.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/28/14 09:53 PM
Had fun, but I've been enjoying the game for awhile now. Won't be playing much of anything else for the next several years. Star Citizen and Shroud of the Avatar. That's it. Till next release.
Posted By: Vyse Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/28/14 10:54 PM
I fixed my issues and talked with Donk some last night. I will be in for PvP for release 9. Something crapped out on the 64bit version and once I switched to 32 I was able to play without crashing anymore.

Since I couldn't log in to multiplayer I had some time to do the single player offline, explore and of course mess with the crafting system.

Some things I noticed. The crafting is really in depth but they haven't implemented too many recipes so all the gold and silver ore I got, I was not able to craft anything with it. I made my own armor and there is nothing in place yet that marks it with your name or initials etc.

For pre-alpha I was surprised there weren't more bugs but my favorite one by far was killing a stag outside of owl's head and the corpse kept running around as if the animal was still alive and running from it's hunter. My son begged me not to report it because it was so funny looking. It reminded me of that old football game with the magnets underneath that would drag your players around the field....ahhh good stuff.

I saved up about 60k within less than 8 hours. I am assuming the gem drops are broken and the NPCs are dropping way more than they should because gathering $ was really easy.

Anyone else run into any funny bugs? I tried chopping a tree and ended up flying through the air about 80 feet backwards before the character went back to the tree and cut it down. I was able to use this bug to get me on top of statues and large rocks etc which was funny.

I learned something new - if a tree falls in the woods, it indeed does not make a sound....thanks you SotA for prooving that to me.
Posted By: Owain Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/28/14 11:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
Tried to keep it as fun as I could given the parameters of the game and hoe I didn't get too intense (The PvP does this to me as you all know) so I hope I wasn't a jerk.

Donk, you did a great job of organizing and promoting this through your streaming vid. You were far from being a jerk, but rather displayed the leadership for which you are well admired.

That is, unless you are trolling for compliments, in which case, yer a jerk!
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/29/14 03:56 AM
Not at all Owain although I'm honored that you think highly of me. It really does mean a lot coming from a military man.

I just know that sometimes during PvP I get a little too intense for some people and I am doing my best to correct that about myself.
Posted By: Owain Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/29/14 12:16 PM
Nothing to correct, buddy-ro...
Posted By: JetStar Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/29/14 05:21 PM
Morlander has my account info. Curious how everyone is feeling about the game. I have a few more donations. We are at the 3k level with my 750 donation.

I am going to meet with Romeo this week.
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/29/14 05:26 PM
Morlander has my account info. Curious how everyone is feeling about the game. I have a few more donations. We are at the 3k level with my 750 donation.

I am going to meet with Romeo this week.

We'll for me personally I think it's coming along great. Only things I'm not fond of is the instanced hex map which they are trying to add neat improvements to and characters could use a tad more work. Crafting, housing and story are detailed. Graphics are normal not top of the line fits for the game and combat is coming along nicely.

Regardless of the games outcome with my own investments in SC and SOTA I'm playing both for several years regardless of faction commitment. Won't let my investment be wasted on gamer ADD. So I hope we stick with it so our city doesn't become a ghost town.
Posted By: Helemoto Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 07/30/14 12:43 AM
I had a blast on Saturday. Missed the mage party but sounds like it was fun.

TBH I haven't been in a KGB group in some time and forgot how fun it was.

For being not Beta it looks great when its turned to max.
Posted By: Valen Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 08/04/14 06:37 PM
I was sadly unable to make it for the weekend, but I saw some of it on Donk's stream and it looked like fun.

I'm hoping to be able to make R9.
Posted By: Longshanks Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 08/30/14 10:07 PM
I will match Jet's pledge too ...
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 08/30/14 11:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Longshanks

Awesome! The more we get we can upgrade to the next tier.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 09/02/14 03:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Longshanks

One more from the Core. Most of us core old skoolers donated as well Shanks.
Posted By: Taxman Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 04/09/17 12:05 AM
Following up on these posts (I know it has been a while).

Checking to see if we ever got a city (or currently have one).

Any folks want to log in and give SotA another chance?
Posted By: Owain Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 04/09/17 01:54 AM
I haven't looked at in a while. If it is worthwhile, sure. Why not?
Posted By: Zhou Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 04/12/17 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Taxman
Following up on these posts (I know it has been a while).

Checking to see if we ever got a city (or currently have one).

Any folks want to log in and give SotA another chance?

We ended up scraping the idea of a city. Not sure if anyone ended up with one on their own.
Posted By: Cyrix Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 05/15/17 03:20 AM
This game kinda flew under my radar, or perhaps i have just been too preoccupied with RL issues to do my normal amount of game hunting. Do we have a presence in this game? I am looking to get back involved & play something. I've been gun shy after A.A. but Ultima online was definitely one of my favorite games of all time, so my interest is certainly peaked...

In short, I would certainly be willing to give this game a shot if we have a presence in it, & I don't have to sell a kidney to play. I'll look into it after this post as well. I'm looking forward to finding something to play again but i want to do so with my KGB brothers & sisters!

I'd appreciate any feedback you all have on this.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 05/21/17 05:57 PM
What is holding pattern until Lord British stops pig phucking all the $$ he was able to squeeze out of us and delivers a title.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 04/27/21 06:45 PM
Thread resurrection.

With the game being sold to a new lead developer I started playing 11 days ago along with Shanks, Helemoto, and Ribbons.

It still has a few rough aspects as they are moving into what they are calling "episode 2" but the changes have made the game pretty solid.
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: Shroud of the Avatar KGB City? - 04/27/21 06:46 PM
As am aside, KGB never went ahead with a Town/City purchase that I know of on the "Federal Level" and I'm not sure anyone went in solo to buy anything other than lower tier backer items.

However if you did, they are worth some money now if you have no interest in playing.
© The KGB Oracle