Originally Posted By: sinij
If you are starving, you only need to ask. PM me your address and I will help you out. I am sure I am not only one here who would be willing to help fellow KGBer in distress.

Now, if you are trying to draw some misguided parallel - it doesn't work this way. Me giving you money will not address healthcare crisis in this country, just like me filling a pothole on the street outside won't fix our crumbling infrastructure. Certain things could be done only via government because of massive scale of undertaking.

I can feed my family, and yes it is parallel. What you are wanting done on the natinal level is what I am asking you todo on the personal level. You wince from it and only want to be engaged with it if some one else runs it, but the moment you are put on the spot to reach into your own pocket and distrubt the funds as you see fit, you draw back.

There in is the difference from me and you. I dont wait for others to fix the problem, but put myself out there to help others. I can see where you are coming from, but to me for your argument to hold water is enact it at the lowest level and work your way up. A true grassroots change to the system.