Originally Posted By: Derid

Cherry picked, and already debunked. I explained it to you already.

Next.

Shameful how quickly you capitulated. I was actually curious what new take you going to try, apparently just a new doze of denial with a side order of selective amnesia. What makes you think that this time around your exactly same flawed argument would work?

Quote:

Also as a reminder just to refresh your memory - those countries are 1) much smaller, 2) mostly operate more as a large corporation functionally speaking, 3) benefit from US system setting base prices 4) Have their defense mostly subsidized by US 5)Disparity in number of smokers per capita alone accounts for aggregate difference in life expectancy 6) US system isnt private, its mixed - where govt artificially inflates pricing for many services delivered to US citizens domestically

#1 is irrelevant, absolute numbers, %GDP and spending per capita allow you to compare countries with different population. Otherwise, nothing would ever be comparable to say, China or Luxemburg. This is 'magic' process called normalization.

#2 is benefit of the system, its like saying trains don't derail because they run on tracks. Well, duh.

#3 is unsupported assertion/speculation on your part. It ignores all medical R&D done elsewhere in the world. I would not be surprised if US is #1 spender in absolute number in this area, proportional to GDP, but again magic of normalization can help us here. Even if I were to agree with your premise, wouldn't it actually reduce medical spending by generating export revenues?

#4 What does defense spending has to do with healthcare? Or are you just going down the "generic conservative FUD list" and hope I would be too disgusted to touch this point with a 10 feet pole?

#5 Dealing with smoking, obese, sedimentary people is a universal First World Problem. While I know we have our fair share, I don't think US has a monopoly on fat ignorant fucks. Plus in other countries fighting obesity, smoking and unhealthy lifestyle is part of medical spending.

#6 Whatever US system is, with Jesus on a toast added to it, it is a) really expensive b) does not generate nearly as good results as in countries with socialized medicine. US healthcare generates THE BEST results for top 1% of population that can afford "all you can eat", rest of the country - it miserably fails and POPULATION-BASED statistics show that.

[Linked Image]