I stated this number of times, but you keep bringing it up, so please write it down: I am not in favor of Obamacare. Obamacare was Republican-proposed compromise plan back from the day of Hillarycare and this time around was the best deal democrats managed to push through due to opposition from the right. It is only marginally better than previous system by addressing lifetime maximum, providing exchanges for personal buyers and disallowing practice of dropping coverage to the sick. Obamacare will also likely to be more expensive than existing system, turning 15% GDP health care costs into something approaching 18% and probably pushing US healthcare expenditures above all EU spending combined in absolute numbers.

As I mentioned previously, I too have a problem with fragmented, not uniformly regulated private insurance market as a gatekeeper of health care. I don't see Obamacare as attack on my liberties, constitution or freedom, but that doesn't mean I think it is a good system.

The only real way of containing medical costs while providing universal coverage is strict rationing that only possible under fully socialized system, where government directly collects health care costs as taxes and provides payouts to hospitals and private practices. Current system, where individual and employer have to pay for medical insurance is already extra-governmental tax on income, where you have to pay at least 5% of average salary just to get any coverage.

As to "death panels"... I am disappointed. Of all people on the right I'd expect you to see through this hysteria. You know health care has to be rationed, there is no way around it. Only now private insurers make decisions how to ration it, they currently do "death paneling" while trying to maximize profits!

[Linked Image]