Originally Posted By: sinij
Quote:
"I find it so ironic that you who wants to try to strip wealth from the top until there is no income disparity, because you are afraid of the political power it grants the wealthy - turn around and side with the wealthy as they concoct strawman arguments to kill off their competition and fund lobbyists and PR campaigns with said wealth.

I highlighted parts where you constructed and proceed to attack strawman in your previous post.

Quote:
You really dont listen when other people speak do you.

In contrast to you, who always listens? Trust me, frustration is mutual.

Quote:
Alternative of complete deregulation?
( Sinij: the only alternative to any regulation being good, is complete and total deregulation. ) <---- is this what you are saying? If so , say it clearly.

You advocate deregulation and free market forces as the only way to have healthy economy. You see regulation as a corrupt and efficiency-killing activity.

I advocate a strict regulatory framework that defines roles and scope of allowable activities, I want to see free market operating within this framework to keep it from self-corrupting.

I hope that answers your question, because I have difficulty understanding what is that exactly you were asking me that wasn't repeatedly stated by me Ad nauseam.

Previously you were saying that literally any regulation was a good regulation. Those statements were the ones I took issue with, your current stance is different than what you had previously said.

Also, quit trying to put words in my mouth.

I have said previously, if you want to discuss the merits of specific regulations , I am all for it. Your answer then was "any regulations are good". Pay attention to what you actually say.

So, in simple yes or no terms - "Sinij: the only alternative to any regulation being good, is complete and total deregulation." - this previous paraphrasing of your position no longer applies?

If not, perhaps a rational discussion is possible. If you are willing to stop uttering such absurdities like " the alternative to extreme taxation is Somalia " anyhow.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)