Quote:
Your last quote makes an especially good point - those with talent and unique or in-demand skills can be very successful.

I read that study more like 'if you are not in finances, you won't be doing that well'. Is gambling with other people money is where we want our brightest minds to go, as oppose to science, engineering, education?

Quote:
I find it so ironic that you who wants to try to strip wealth from the top until there is no income disparity.

Please put your soap box away. Your loaded language use is not going to make your weak point any stronger. Discouraging accumulation of wealth at the top will make the country more prosperous, because other people will get greater share of this wealth. Current culture of golden parachutes and ridiculous 'perfomance' bonuses not actually tied to performance causes a lot of harm all throughout the system.

Quote:
Do you truly see the "superrich" who can go anywhere, and are the prime offenders in regards to your political power observations will simply stay in the USA and allow all their wealth to be taken?

They are more than welcome to move to more tax-friendly environment, like Somalia. We covered this before, US enables wealth creation, while mobile-rich can take their existing wealth out and move elsewhere they would not be able to continue create this wealth without US.

Quote:
Which is why I disagree so strongly with your "any regulation is a good regulation" stance. I find it so ironic that you who wants to try to strip wealth from the top until there is no income disparity, because you are afraid of the political power it grants the wealthy - turn around and side with the wealthy as they concoct strawman arguments to kill off their competition and fund lobbyists and PR campaigns with said wealth.

Again, we already covered this. Your alternative of complete deregulation and reliance only on free market leads to oligarchy. History proven beyond any shadow of the doubt that "free market" is intrinsically unstable system and has to be supported with clear and strict regulation.

Last edited by sinij; 12/09/11 06:35 PM.

[Linked Image]