Originally Posted by Wolfgang
Here's a little insight from a journalist that is actually going out into the field and doing his work. I think he put it out there perfectly.

I watched his videos of him in Rinkeby. Tim's goal is to document Muslim neighborhoods in Sweden to see if they were as bad as conservative media outlets are claiming. He goes into a ghetto and is apparently warned by Police off camera to leave and that's exactly what he does. No violence or anything happens to him or his crew while filming. The scene in general doesn't look like it was about to devolve into mayhem. He returns to Rinkeby at a later date, goes bowling, and interviews a bunch of people in what looks like a Pub? During the interview these interviewee's talk about protests, burning cars, and alludes to a conspiracy (I say conspiracy because someone saying so is not proof) that kids would burn cars to create stories for money. Interview overall is ok, I think they went a little off topic a few times but I think he mostly got what he wanted out of the interview.

He claims that he has to film on a GoPro because his small hand held camera is noticeable? I thought this was funny seeing that a GoPro on a stick is also very noticeable.

Overall I think Tim does a good job for a freelance photojournalist being funded from the internet and taking the free trip from Infowars. If anything this proves more so that Infowars and Brietbart are garbage tier news outlets. It also sort of vindicates other news agencies from not wasting time to fund and waste money on what amounts to lies by far right outlets.

*EDIT
So I was lucky to be able to work on a project for the Committee to Protect Journalists. If you want to see other Freelance Journalists out in the field, you should look at Oscar Martinez from El Salvador, Anna Therse Day from United States, Shawkan from Egypt who is now in prison, and my personal favorite Can Dundar from Turkey.

Also here is a link to the video profiles we did on each award recipient last year.

https://cpj.org/awards/2016/

Last edited by Goriom; 03/13/17 11:57 AM.