Originally Posted by Owain
It seems to me that everything you bring up boils down to continued election butthurt. All of this stuff is either things you fear that Trump will do which are the things voters elected Trump to do, or things Trump doesn't intend to do, but are what the left attributes to him hoping to incite fear.

I can't help you with respect to the policies Trump campaigned on. Voters in most states elected him to do those very things, so the only thing you can do is hope for is better luck next election. That isn't very promising because if Trump makes good on his campaign promises, the people who elected him the first time will probably reelect him.

I don't expect him to do any of the fear mongering acts you cite, but if he does, let us all know.

So in other words, you don't have any justification for, or words of support for the actual policies. Instead, you seem to be trolling me with accusations of election butthurt, which seems odd considering that I didn't vote for Hillary either, nor is the current discussion related to Hillary, or the election in any manner. The issue here isn't supporting Trump in the election, but rather ongoing support for Trump and defense of his policies.

Also, everything I outlined is in fact either the current stated policy intent, or in the actual process of implementation. (Things like spending require Congressional involvement of course) Where I fear they will come to pass, this is because the Trump administration is literally standing on a podium and shouting it to the world, or else has already done them - like appointing Mnunchin to Treasury, so I'm not sure why you would seem to question the veracity of the assertions.

The question and issue is not whether some people supported some of the stated policies, or why some people voted for Trump, but rather the ongoing support. Justifications for the decisions and policies is the topic here, if any exist.

Look, I get how many people feel like Trump is a big poke in the ole' eye to the left. Honestly, if there is a silver lining in Trump, its that the coastal SJWs are wailing into their $10 lattes, feeling as disconsolate as many of us in the heartland felt when Obama revealed his own disdain for middle America, when he sneeringly brushed off the Midwest as bitter people who "cling to guns and religion". I get that, I really do. How could I not, when my neighborhood was a literal forest of Trump yard signs (yeah, an exaggeration - houses are too far apart and often separated by actual forest), the churches outnumber the stars in the sky (mild exaggeration), and most days I can hear a neighbor or two doing target practice within earshot (not an exaggeration). What I don't get is the insistence so many Trump supporters have in trolling the rest of us.

You said that Trumps actions and plans were features, and not bugs. Fine. I'm just looking for a bit of edification on where the features are. As I asked before, where is all the good stuff that is supposed to Make America Great Again?

Thus far, no one can actually point any out. It's like that old Wendy's commercial from the 80's - "Where's the beef?"

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)