Originally Posted by Kaotic
Originally Posted by Owain
Sessions was under oath, but in the context of the question asked (were surrogates of the Trump campaign in communication with the Russians), the truthful answer Session gave was no. He knew of no such activity, and himself, as a member of the campaign, had no such contact. His contact was in conjunction with his duties as a Senator.

I'm not picking sides here, but to be fair, the question wasn't "did Trump surrogates communicate with the Russians." The question was (in an admittedly rambling fashion, so it could have been misunderstood) "what will you do as AG if these allegations turn out to have some merit?", and he didn't answer that question.

*edit*
To Wolf's point, I agree that there are many willfully ignorant people on the left (there are many on both sides). However, I think it is incumbent upon those of us who seek a more constitutionally limited federal government to honestly assess both sides and call them both out for their shenaniganry. Just because the party in power is, theoretically, more aligned with our way of thinking (although, I'm not sure you can even make that case any longer) doesn't mean that we turn a blind eye when they do the same shit we were jumping up and down screaming about for the last 8 years.

I can agree with this 100%