Originally Posted by Kaotic
I'm not picking sides here, but to be fair, the question wasn't "did Trump surrogates communicate with the Russians." The question was (in an admittedly rambling fashion, so it could have been misunderstood) "what will you do as AG if these allegations turn out to have some merit?", and he didn't answer that question.

Hypothetical questions like this are difficult to answer. In his answer Attorney General Sessions called the accuracy of the question into doubt when he responded that he knows nothing about any such meetings. There is no evidence any meetings took place, and if they did, for it to merit the attention of the attorney general, a violation of the law would have to have taken place. There is even less evidence of that.

The question was vaporous and ill defined. Had I been Session, I probably would have asked for the Senator to rephrase the question without all the extraneous bullshit, just to make sure I understood what was being asked. It wasn't altogether obvious to me, reading it after the fact.

It is the duty of the Attorney General to prosecute any and all crimes and to first and foremost uphold the law. Perhaps because this was not always the case under the Obama administration, Senator Franken felt the question to be necessary.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council