Originally Posted by Owain
Get back to me when Sessions does something you think is illegal. Given your lack of understanding of what perjury consists of, research the applicable laws before wasting anyone's time.

I'd stop standing on that platform, your speculation on what the outcome of an actual trial would be isn't any more valid than anyone elses. As you say, mere opinion.

I'm still curious to see any sort of defense of Session's, or Trump's for that matter, actual stances and policies.

Let's break out the notepad:

Trump attacked Hillary for her Goldman Sachs connections, then handed Treasury back over to them. That was a head scratcher.

Rex Tillerman for State? Odd choice, but the jury's still out on that one. Early indications are things not going well, but who's to say? Too early to be certain.

Sessions for AG, who has already indicated his intent to pull back Federal oversight in regards to corruption, civil rights abuses, and wants to re-institute programs of federally backed civil asset forfeiture, which is govt stealing stuff from people without actually convicting them of a crime. Also wants to reignite the failed drug war, and fill up private for-profit prisons. The most charitable thing that can be said for that, is a huge waste of money, since the drug war has to date provably produced no tangible positive benefits. (but many provable negatives)

Wants to drastically increase military spending. What the hell? I mean, seriously? Is someone somewhere worried that China has figured out how to get a hundred millions troops over thousands of miles of ocean, past the Pacific Fleet, and intends to launch a ground invasion of the US? Seems odd, unless someone is plotting to waste another trillion dollars on another useless foreign occupation somewhere that brings no actual benefits to the US.

Wants to increase NSA surveillance of US citizens. Seems odd, considering it doesn't do anything regarding terrorism, the ostensible reason for it. I mean, even for 9/11, before the whole world knew of NSA capabilities, (and before they expanded) the hijack plotters didn't even send emails, they were so paranoid. Instead, they left messages sitting in an inbox, where another plotter would go to the same cafe, log on to the PC, and access the unsent folder of the same email account, as a type of dead drop. Never mind the statistical improbability of detecting terror (go Google base rate fallacy) via bulk data mining, the real terrorists were practicing techniques to avoid the NSA even before it was on steroids.

Building a Mexican wall? How's that gonna work? Israel has a hard time keeping Hamas and others from tunneling under their own walls, which are relatively tiny compared to the Mexican border, and they heavily monitor with sensitive equipment. The international cartels are far better funded than Hamas and their ilk, thanks to aforementioned drug war. That and... thousands of miles of open water on each side of the country, and simple homemade balloons being able to lift over walls with ease, etc. I'm not even getting into the propriety of the intent - just the actual implementation is stupid and wasteful.

Wheres the good stuff, that's supposed to make America Great Again? So far all I can see is gratuitous waste, stupidity, and apathy.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)