Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Originally Posted By: Goriom
No, because something can both be biased and still be technically factual, i.e most of what Fox News puts out. So they are not lying to their viewers but they are not presenting them with all the information. This is why you should be getting your news from multiple sources.

Fake news, unless we don't really care what the definition of words are nowadays, is just plain fake.

How would you spin this one against this one?

Same story, two totally different spins. When does bias become an outright lie?

The Independent story is poorly written with contradictory statements within the article. I even see some unsubstantiated claims in here that should never have been allowed to pass edit. This kind of goes beyond bias but that is what you get when you use a tabloid rag in its death throes to try and prove a point.

I guess this illustrates a bigger issue though. What is a reputable site and what isn't. People complain about the mainstream media but the Independent, Buzz Feed, etc is not apart of that. Just anyone nowadays can create a website to report news. Hence why we have people in Macedonia turning out completely fabricated stories and making a living off of doing that.

The CNN article is written a lot better.

It seems like the great bias divide in this issue is if they were fired or resigned. The truth seems to be somewhere in the middle. The senior staff handed in letters of resignation, hence they quit, but from what I have gathered it was more of a forced resignation anyway.

Maybe I need to clarify my position here. The Mainstream Media has an issue of bias not "fake news". CNN is not fake news lol

When we make mistakes and it does happen, we issue retractions. The offenders, depending on the severity can be placed on leave or outright fired. CBS forced Lara Logan and her producer to take a leave of absence and issued an apology about their faulty Benghazi reporting on 60 Minutes.

Last edited by Goriom; 01/27/17 01:59 PM.