Originally Posted By: Derid

Um, no. And no. Your refusal to think anything through prevents you from getting a clear picture of how this works.

More magical thinking on your part. If only I though about it more, I'd find despicable conservative point of view more agreeable? Don't think so. It takes a special kind of a character flaw to tell people they don't deserve to eat/shelter/clothing for an honest day of work.

Quote:
You see a macro report and make assumptions that fit your predjudice, you obviously have no idea how things work on the store level.

So you think these reports were cooked? Because they show profitable corporations that (often) pay healthy dividends. I have been holding stocks of a number of these companies, and they have been nothing but stellar though this recession and largely shielded that portion of my assets from the effects of the market downturn.

How it works on the store level DOES NOT MATTER outside of store level. Sure, some franchise lease holder could be squeezed by corp along with employees, but that does not change fundamental math of profits - there is plenty out there and fast food corps are not in any danger of going out of business.

Quote:
As to the taxpayer picking up the bill - you seem to think twice as many people picking up full govt ride is better as opposed to fewer people picking up a partial govt ride. I find that silly.

I find it silly that such 'small government'/'market force' advocate as you would not admit that if we were to remove government subsidies via social nets, then almost nobody would work at these jobs, because you can't meet life needs with what you get paid.

Have you considered that these below-poverty paying jobs creating vicious cycle? You pay less, people have less to spend, it puts pressure to lower prices on everything and results in more outsourcing and more low paying jobs. On top of that, next generation grows up in poverty and with parents working full time, have opportunities greatly reduced and are going to go back into feeding this vicious cycle.

Even Ford understood that you have to pay enough your workers so they can afford one of your cars. Why have this knowledge was lost?

Last edited by sini; 12/02/12 08:10 AM.

[Linked Image]