Like I said, right now you are seriously lacking in Real World credibility.

The problem is not that fast food pays to little. The problem is the lefties and neocons have so screwed up our economy that anyone is even THINKING to complain about fast food jobs - only because suddenly many people are trying to actually survive on them in non-supervisory positions.

My solutions arent "right wing" anyhow, its just plain common sense.

In the *best* case scenario if you got to be King, is fast food joints would pay more.. but operate with half the people. People would seriously have to bust tail to keep their job, to the point where folks who dont move so quick or function so well would be comepletely jobless.

Thats not even factoring in all the restaurants that would close due to lower sales/higher costs. I actually worked in the industry quite a bit when I was younger, I know how restaurants work apparently a lot better than you. It is apparent you do not even have the slightest clue as to what you are talking about, and even trying to explain it to you would take forever and most likely be futile. You seem to be laboring under some illusion that your typical food shack could afford to pay people 15$/hr to drop fries in a deep fryer or run a cash register.

Someone who expects the almighty hands of those with the guns to descend and solve all problems, does not understand the true nature of the problems.

Also, as I said - great many, majority actually, of restaurants are not corporate owned. Yet you still ramble on about your perception of corporate profit. News flash, forcing people to work - including by starting a business, for any reason but to empower themselves is immoral.

Second news flash - people who make careers out of food service and actually are good at the jobs typically make fine wages, because they either move into management positions or become skilled cooks. And if you have never worked in food, then just take my word for it - there is a huge difference in levels of cook. Skilled cooks are actually always in demand, and thus have reasonably high wages.

Also the numbers you cited earlier cover servers, and at any decent place the servers make good money on tips. Also, the vast vast majority of servers report only enough of their tips to the IRS to technically put them at or slightly above minimum wage - because if they didnt theyd be fired. In reality they typically make far more money than ever gets reported to any govt agency. And more power to em.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)