Originally Posted By: sini
Good life = livable wage? One strange definition.

A living wage is not a good life.
My point exactly, McDonalds provides a living wage in my opinion and is not responsible for providing someone with a good life. I would image none of these people have missed a meal , roof over thier head , or even a gaming system or two in their homes. If they have than it is generally due to lack of effort on their part. Although some people are on hard times due to things outside of their control, I believe that is a small minority of this group. The people in the news article expect a good life to be provided by McDonalds. They want to hold this corporation responsible for the quality of their own life as if they have no other options. Only in America...If you want to see real poverty then glance across the ocean. What these people consider poverty is beyond upper class for people living in actually poverty.

Yes, they do have to provide livable wage. Alternative is starvation on the street OR sitting on the dole and the difference between livable wage and what McD is paying is on the taxpayers.

Yes, McDonalds should not pay less then what has been determined to be the minimum wage for such jobs. The alternative however is not starvation on the street or sitting on the dole. The alternative is to invest in themselves and seek better employement or select one of the million other alternatives that do not involve sitting on their butt with their hand out. Times are hard but I find it hard to believe that their only choose in life is McDonalds drive through or starvation on the streets.

You _know_ it isn't being delivered on this promise. Especially millenials and younger are Fucked big times. There are no opportunities out there for everyone no matter how hard you work.

Alright, I will give you this one. Oppurtunity in the job market is stagnant right now. We cannot point the social gun at large corpoartion and yell "FIX IT" though.

Last edited by Sethan; 04/09/13 07:06 AM.