Originally Posted By: sini
You are desperately trying to move away the argument from the "livable wages" by coming with a long list of excuses and special cases.

Underlying argument, that you are yet to address, is that unless all jobs pay livable wages, that allow recipients of said livable wages to afford basics of food, shelter, clothing and medical care then two things happen: a) they supplement income from the outside source, be it from parents, government or raking up credit card or student debts b) they live below poverty line. There is no c).

Special circumstances, like students holding part time jobs while at school, are still offloading labor costs on the outside source.

Your overall argument sums up to - "more people should be on welfare and/or poor". When combined with your distaste of welfare it simplifies to "more people should be poor".

I don't think it will come as a surprise, but I disagree. Thankfully, so is the rest of the country. See election results.

So the election said everyone will have a livable wage. Maybe you should write Obama a letter telling him that, cause I don't think he knows that's what happened.

The fact that you think EVERY JOB should be a livable wage job is the most idiotic thing I have heard you say so far. You have no idea what you are talking about and this
calls into question everything you have ever said before.
You seem to have a nice little world invented in your minds eye. Maybe you should write a book.