Originally Posted By: sini
Do you are least acknowledge that government should not be subsidizing wages of profitable corporations? You have been running from this point for a while, perhaps you should address it for a change.

I do not ignore that situation at all, I just assign blame where blame is due - on the Govt. However, I also think that in the grand scheme of things... I would rather have employed people being partially subsidized as opposed to unemployed people being fully subsidized. Plus its not like every, or even a majority of workers are subsidized - though it is a significant number. Would be interesting to see who is getting subsidized... my hypothesis is that is is mostly people who pop out dozens of kids despite being dirt poor. The Govt has decided to subsidize that behavior, but I dont mind that so much if those people also hold jobs and pay what they can. /shrug

----------------------------------

I did address it.

Still, like I indicated previously - leaving aside all the bologna like ending part time work, and with some possible caveats - I would entertain raising minimum wage. My biggest worry there is rising housing and food costs, but if it was done incrementally in a sane manner I think it would be reasonably safe.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)