Originally Posted By: sini
Originally Posted By: Derid

We can call your assertion true for now, however that truth does not support any other arguments you typically seem inclined to make.

So I am not sure why you spend so much time on it...

Glad you asked.

Next point to consider, is why any business should be providing health care to its employees? It is logical conclusion, that is if you disregard conventions of human decency and social responsibility, to shed any and all responsibility for health care. If you are in a business of making pizza, why should you also be in a business of managing health care benefits? Also, why is there distinction between part time and full time jobs, is work different in any way?

So in this context a single-payer system, where both employees and employers pay payroll taxes, and health care is administered independent of type of employment one hold makes most sense.

This arrangement moves us closer to a system where everyone is paid 'market rate' wages, whatever it happens to be, and they are not as dependent on whims of employer to meet their basic needs. Throw in subsidized housing for people below some level of income, and you CAN have unregulated job market with no minimal wage and right-to-work.

First off no business HAS to provide anything to its employees. It is a benefit of employment if a business so choses to.

If you don't know the difference between part time and full time you need more help then I first believed.

Everyone is paid "market rate wages" already. It is not the job of an employer to meet the basic needs of anyone.

Now you say to get rid of minimum wage and subsidize housing, did you just have a seizure?

Seems to me you have found a new way to raise taxes.