Quote:
I dislike notion of employer-sponsored health coverage, businesses should focus on doing what they are good at, and unless you are insurer or a hospital that would not be providing health care coverage.

I agree. The problem is govt is also no better at it. Lets extend tax incentives to individuals, and allow insurance to be sold across state lines for starters.

Rand Paul also had a pretty idea he has worked on with insurance companies regarding a long term contract structure where younger workers can enter into contracts with insurance companies that cover long periods of time. So they pay less while they are young, and more as they age. This gets them in the system early so insurance can invest against future payouts and still make money, and incentivises people to pay into the system before they actually need it.

I think if these three things were implemented, a good chunk our issues would be corrected. After,we could see what was left and make more intelligent decisions regarding any possible next steps.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)