1. Sounds good to me, I stated earlier the discussion should be about raising the minimum wage and not requiring select companies to pay up. The zoning of minimum wage will be very tricky but I see no harm in bringing up the issue. Every business requires a certain level of risk, I view minimum wage as the ante for hiring an employee.

2. People should not be punished on either side of the line for having full time workers. It is just too easy of a rule to work around. Both sides are punished in the end for this type of rule. Id rather see them provided a solid minimum wage so they can go purchase their own coverage versus some shitty company provided insurance. The government can't seem to do anything right these days so I would prefer they leave my insurance coverage alone.

Keep in mind that the cost of living is already very high due to many factors. Raising the minimum wage will further increase those cost and could raise the cost of living even more. Which could in turn justify a higher minimum wage to match the new cost of living. We have to be careful not to create a social pyramid scheme while trying to create a *livable wage*.

Last edited by Sethan; 04/09/13 08:30 AM.