Quote:

Quote:

In addition, some communities have decided that since this is a public business, smoking is not permitted since it is not in the best interest of the public.

That's one of the things that bugs me -- people deciding what's in my best interest for me. A bar owner should be allowed to drive away non-smoking customers by allowing smoking customers in his establishment.

Also, it's not so much that I think the big bad government is forcing things down our throat as much as I think some smaller laws here and there get slipped in fairly unnoticed.

Here's a switch in perspective for you: Rather than thinking, "Hey, what about my right to smoke here? I've chosen that it's in my best interest to smoke this cigarette, regardless of what the public thinks I should do!"

How about you think about the considerations of others: "Damn, every time I light this baby up, a bunch of people basically are smoking this thing with me - without a filter, whether they want to or not." So now because you - the one person that wants to smoke is doing so - countless other people are being subjected to something that is not healthy for them, and against their will. Now tell me - How fair is that?

I've realized that the current status quo of American culture is based so much upon "ME" that there is almost a complete lack of consideration for others. I notice this every time I'm in the left lane on a road going 65mph, and some ass in front of me is going 45, In the left passing lane. This individual is thinking only of himself, completely oblivious to the needs of others around him, or the natural flow of the highway. Don't be that guy. Help save America by looking at the bigger picture and not what's immediately good for just yourself or your buddies.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]