I sooooo don't understand this "I've seen the rest of the world, this is good enough for me." mentality or how you can find the will to support the government taking away basic freedoms. I agree that a LOT of the freedoms they've taken away are trivial, but I don't like the fact that they're able to take them. With an uncontested pinch here and an overlooked poke there, our lawmakers won't be far from taking away some freedom that is trivial to most, but you cherish. For instance, I think that a small, backwoods-town tavern, with a small fireplace and an old wooden bar, that's run by a middle aged man and his family, is the perfect place to have a dog. However, there are laws preventing having a dog there. The reason dogs aren't allowed in restaurants is because they're apparently unsanitary. I don't know about you guys, but I grew up with dogs in my house, dogs that I rolled on the floor with, slept next to, ate my dinner with their eager faces popping out from under the table waiting for scraps, and all of the other fun things you do with dogs. My dogs have never made me sick or feel like I'm not in a clean place, and the same goes for any other healthy, loved dogs anywhere I go.

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]