Quote:

Why verify our identity when boarding an airplane??? I do believe that is an incredibly bad choice of a situation you are using to try and prove a point in light of recent events...

Your intent is well meant and certainly some of your points are valid... the question is where is the line drawn in trying to impose some sort of law and order to this society vs. having a lawless society with no rules, regulations, or respect. Yes certain personal liberties/freedoms may have to be impinged on for a certain degree of safety i.e. showing a valid id when boarding a plane is one that I am not against.

I guess I am still struggling with your intent Slinger... if it is trying to educate the masses about what is considered lost liberties and freedoms then good luck because again unfortunately the average joe doesn't care. Those that do are informed and often quite polarized one way or another... this nation needs folks to move a little more to the middle...

I gave both sides of the argument on the whole airplane example, and personally, I don't mind proving my identity at an airport. Call me a hippie or whatever, but I crave a society where people are not so uptight, all the time. I'm not nervous, I trust people, and I'm not afraid of the germs a dog has. It might have a lot to do with growing up in an extremely small back-woods "town", but even there people are just generally uptight about something, and I don't understand why.

And hopefully if I make a big fat public ordeal out of my ideals, it will urge the middle to move a little. It's super hard for me to make any arguments any direction, because I'm generally very impartial on most subjects, but I feel that publicizing the people's ability to influence the law is important. My examples are my loosely liberal ideals seeping from my pores.

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]