Originally Posted By: Cheerio

my own opinion is that neither creationism or spontaneous evolution can be proven, so schools should teach both and admit nobody knows or ever will know.

I don't think you understand how science and scientific theory works. I can't prove that garden gnomes on your front lawn don't sing and dance while nobody is watching.

Creationism is through-and-through religion, there is no supporting evidence, scientific consensus or even any evidence that it could work. Creationisms literally says that some bearded fuck in the sky created universe and humans as we are today in 7 days. This is demonstrably wrong.

Evolution on other hand has been shown in so many situations that it is as much "theory" as "theory of gravity". I dare bunch of you ignorant hicks to question theory of gravity by jumping out of windows of tall buildings.

Quote:
it makes little difference in most peoples lives, and we are wasting time arguing over it.

It makes _HUGE_ difference. If we compromise our intellectual purity with your religious garbage we can no longer guarantee that any of our knowedge is not corrupted. Would you want our medicine to work on "theory of divine intervention" or our agriculture work with "blessing of the crops" ?

Don't you fucking see how dangerous this ignorance is?!

[Linked Image]