Jet, no one can answer those questions, yet they are so simple that every kid who has something terrible happen asks the same question. thats probably why i have no faith tho religion is interesting.

as far as the bible, we all know it was written (and more importantly, edited) by men and thus subject to all the human failings. its interesting that at the council of nicea there was a vote taken, and as a result about a third of all chrishians were instantly made into heretics.

the reason you find slavery references in the bible, and can even quote jesus defending it, is that no one who wrote the bible could conceive of a world without slavery because it had never existed before anywhere on earth. it was even beyond jesus' imagination

oh one other thing regarding omnipotence. in genesis adam and eve are able to hide from god in the garden of eden. he also changes his mind a few times, like at sodom.

so yeah, i cant explain it. ask the next missionary who shows up, or go to some christian message boards. i suspect that they wont have the answers either. thats why they call it "faith" i gues

KGB Darkfall