The Christian god is neither benevolent or omnipotent. The Bible is the "Word of God" and that kind of verbiage is not benevolent or omnipotent. If God loved us so, would he allow us to be slaves? Would he allow us to die horrible drowning deaths by the hundreds of thousands in a tsunami the day after his birthday?

In your argument, would not an omnipotent being update his word every thousand years or so? Would a benevolent being sentence people that were skeptical of his message to burn in hell for eternity? What about people that are raised in other religions that never get exposed to his word. Oh well, better paint on some BBQ sauce for the eternal smoking you are going to get.

It just doesn't add up for me, and I should not have this supposed morality shoved down my throat. Religion does not belong in government if your are supposed to have freedom of it, and from it.

And as for Christian people ending slavery? Anyone remember the crusades? Or how about if you were a native american?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter