Originally Posted By: sinij

A set of questions to demonstrate my point:

1. Would you support twice-a-day mandatory prayers to Allah in schools?
2. Would you support mandatory study of kosher laws as written in Torah as part of science education in public schools?
3. Would you support study of nirvana and reincarnation as an alternative to theory of evolution?

Then why do you support teaching of creationism?

1. I have no problem with it, what matters is what is a persons heart, not to what diety is praied to. Also it allows other concepts to be used that allows more tolerance.
2. Like I said before, I have no problem with that being added to the criculium.
3. Yes, add it also, knowledge is neither good nor evil, and the more ways of thought are tought we, as a species, can only grow.

PS. I would like to add that faith is based on the unkown. I do not follow the bible, to me it was based on the need of a few men to use it as a tool to control others. That creatism as describe int he bible was the only way for a simple speacis to understand something, ie I could explain in detail how a combustion engine works to a 2 year old, but in the end all he will understand is, turn the key, and it goes voom voom. However I do belive in God, I belive he does not give a damn about us. To me he is like Crom, a mean vindictive sob that gets pissy when he is not worpshiped enough.

Now that being said, I have faith he set in motion the very elements that brought us forth. He likes to mix and match things, to set things in motion and see where it goes. Science is a way of explaining in more advanace terms how things happen. So yes I can recouncile faith in god, and science at the same time.

Last edited by RedKGB; 04/26/12 01:21 PM.