Originally Posted By: Cheerio
i highly doubt you would give anyone but the unelectable Ron Pail a second look.

This is 100% correct. Republican primary line up, save for Ron Paul, are a bunch of flip-flopping or radical misfits that don't deserve a second look. Ron Paul, while I object to number of his positions, is at least a valid candidate that I won't simply point and laugh at you for suggesting.

Quote:
Also the fact that you view yourself as mainstream is a comic statement of how far off balance YOU are.

Fortunately, radicalization for now is only GOP, and not general American problem. So yes, I am fairly centrist and you have to deal with ramifications of that idea.

Quote:
Im not voting for him. Compared to Nixon and Reagan, Romney is a moderate. Reagan and Nixon won 49 state landslides. Romney will be lucky to win the popular vote at all. So I view republicans as democrats-lite.

Nether Nixon nor Reagan would win a GOP 2012 primary if they were to run their old positions due to not being nearly conservative enough. What you think their positions were, and what they actually were are two different things.

Quote:
their historic losses in 2010 are completely due to...

Anti-establishment Tea Party movement getting skillfully astroturfed. Clever political move, but not likely to happen ever again. GOP broke about every promise they made to Tea Party in turn making movement irrelevant.

Quote:
The radicalization of the democrats, despite their control of the media and popular culture, is not reflective of the us electorate.

You can keep your head in the sand all you want, but if honestly believe above - you are poster child of what is wrong with GOP. You are welcome to continue your empty evidence-free rhetoric, but it won't make it any more true.

Quote:
The democrats are going to lose more seats this election and have only themselves to blame.

I offered this bet to Kaotic, and I will offer it to you: If Dems lose this election (Pres, Senate Majority or Seats in The House) I will come out and agree with every post you make in politics for entire months. Otherwise you will have to do the same. Are you on?

[Linked Image]