Originally Posted By: sinij
Yes, I have no delusions about new system working well. It will be only marginal improvement over current world of pre-existing conditions, denying individual coverage to anyone but perfectly healthy and epidemic of uninsured clogging emergency rooms. The real solution, single player health care system, was shouted down by conservatives parading Red Scare ghosts.

Still, whatever your or my personal opinion of this system might be, it is legal exercise of government power. You absolutely cannot frame the argument about health care (or any other social program) in terms of unconstitutionality.

Again, a completely baseless point. Of course you can frame the arguement as an unconstitutional act, and it is ABSOLUTELY NOT a LEGAL power of the government. WHY oh why is this so hard for you to understand? I just don't get how any rational person beyond the age of 12 can not comprehend that in a FREE society, governed by the rule of law, backed by a constitutional authority, can even argue that this is a legal action of the government.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]