Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
The reason that this is flat out wrong is that it violates my rights for the government to take money from me.

So following your argument, you oppose any kind of tax since it "take money from me". Do I understand you correctly? Or are you only oppose government taking money away from YOU? Or are you only oppose government taking money away from you to spend on things YOU don't approve of? Like abortion clinics or welfare programs?

Yes, government have every right to take away money from you in form of taxes. It is called Commerce clause and suggesting otherwise proves beyond any reasonable doubt your unfamiliarity with constitution.

First, and for the unmitigated record, you are an idiot. Pure and simple. The worst part if, you seem to really believe your perspective, so let me help you out scholar of the United States Constitution that you are...

The Commerce Clause states that Congress has the right "To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes". It has nothing to do with "taxes" beyond establishing tarrifs for commerce.

The Supreme Court has ruled on the congressional power of interstate commerce regulation repeatedly. In a decision from 1918- Hammer v Dagenhart- The court took the position that when goods, services or commerce was used to produce "evil" between states- ie.. rotten food, prostitutes, liquor.. The congress could regulate. The court said in each instance that the weight of the permissible regulation was based on the weight of the issue.

In Katzenbach v. McClung- 1964, the Court found that Congress can have regulatory right over local business if that business effects interstate trade. Again..dealing with interstate commerce and trade.

The Commerce Clause conitnues to be a major issue with the country and the Supreme Court, which has changed rulings on it about 25 times and I expect there will be more. It is terrible the way congress attempts to slide things under the Commerce Clause, much the same way your trying to, and then expect people to consume it like tripe.

And for the record, I am neither a conservative or a liberal.

Last edited by Vuldan; 11/08/11 06:11 PM.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]